Thread: it's time

Default it's time

anyone heard of an old piano tune with a vocal that sounds like aretha franklin. words: "its time - oh yeah oh yeah- - Iwas born in a crossfire

i aint certain mate but it may be bit machine??

i keep meanin to get this 1 id'd meself but i may be goin on about a different tune than u the 1 im after goes "its time" then a break down n she goes "doo, doo, doo, doo, doo" and then summet that sounds like "i was............."

if sum 1 can confirm its bit machine - i want it!!

cheers for remindin us

n if it isnt then ignore this post im wafflin crap again

oooooh ! Ive wanted to get this ided too, but never bothered cos I thought someone was gonna say it was a dance version of Rolling Stones - Jumping Jack Flash !!!

Im trying to remember what tape Ive got it on

Sweet xx

http://64.119.167.89/forum/showthrea...&threadid=8661

ps massive shout to everyone for this one cause the fella arrived last week

respect to rixrecords as well cause only supplier who took the trouble to look at the vinyl 4 me

ok then va that post u sent me 2 has me more baffled than a real baffled person with buffalo horns on his feet

i heard it on a maximes tape so can u tell me which release u think im gunna want - be brave fella i trust ur judgement in the tune id circle and so il dive straight in like a blind man n go buy it

Suppose it depends on which vocals you prefer Butty fella, but I'd hazard a guess the one on the Maximes tape is the original (Holborn) release on # HB05. Trouble is there's two different releases using the same cat #

The initial release used a ripped off vocal - Aretha Franklin or someone similar. When they got caught out they repressed the track, only this time they got a bird called Karen Jones to do the vocal This 'legal' version was released under the same cat # (effectively replacing the illegal release and sweeping the evidence under the carpet) hehehehe

The version featuring Karen Jones has subsequently been released on Polydor and it's not too hard to get hold of (Black Box claim to have 'arranged and mixed' the Polydor release, but they've done fuk all to it ) The illegal release is not quite as easy to find - it's been bootlegged so there's a good chance it's the bootie you've heard on the Maximes tape.

If you spot the Holborn release, what you need to do is ask the seller to look at the centre label. If it says "Feat Karen Jones" under "Bit Machine" it's the repress. If it says nothing at all it's the original pressing

I'll up you a sample of each mate so you can be sure you're after the right one

Spot the difference...

Warrington, then hopefully when my record sells, somewhere posh!

Damn i have the repress
    So i have my uses eh..................You underestimated me, you'll see.

My parents house, till the property market collapses

Managed to get this VA

Your right its not too easy to spot with it being nearly identical.

I paid nearly a 20 spot for it with p&p, and the covers not as good condition as the Karen Jones one ive got but i think it was worth it

Its that bloody Mike Stewart and the Back In Time tapes again LOL.

Hes cost me a fortune tryin to locate the versions he used on his tapes!

Dave

Thread Information