PDA

View Full Version : Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam - instrumental

lastnightadj
11th February 2003, 12:51 PM
Right we all know and love Pump Up The Jam - Technotronic feat Felly ;)

but i remember before this came out it was basically an instrumental and the name of the track was "Technotronic" - still Thomas De Quincy who produced it - about 6 months later the version with the rap appeared

Anyone got any info on the original release??

It was definatly NOT a dub/instrumenatal of the Pump Up The Jam release on SWANYARD - or any of the US David Morales mixes

wildpitch
11th February 2003, 01:12 PM
I have the original Euro import of this that has some instrumentals on it. I'll check it out tonight.

lastnightadj
11th February 2003, 07:04 PM
cheers ears

wildpitch
11th February 2003, 07:27 PM
Strange, can't find that one. The one I have found has the vocal in each of the mixes, it's on ARS Records.

lastnightadj
12th February 2003, 07:28 AM
I remember reading about it in Jocks (old name for DJ)

basically the story with it is an eary version of the Spiller story

ie - have a sucessful instrumental and then bung a vocal on it for chart success

although in this case the track name was "Technotronic" - the artist name is unknown

I heard it played in a few places - late 88ish I am sure

Dara
14th February 2003, 08:34 AM
I recently picked up what I reckon is the best mix. It's on the b side of Get On Up and is called Pump Up The Jam (Techno Mix). Purely instrumental and feckin sweet. Dunno if it's the one you are after but it's a killer. I have 2 copies btw if anyone is interested.

:D :D :D

HairyACIDHelmet
17th January 2004, 09:27 PM
I found this...http://www.discogs.com/release/120508 :wave:

Dara
18th January 2004, 12:13 AM
Haha. How's that for a post resurrection. Almost a year later and you remembered the thread. Better memory than me lemme tell ya.

:D :D :D

Qpchan
18th January 2004, 05:30 AM
Yes got that 12 " , it is indeed Pro24's (technotronic) on Sound 89 records from Belgium , 2 instrumentals tracks that are slightly different each other but are just THE original music from Technotronic....with no vocals....which is much better really ! Also,the bass sounds more fat on it !

Qpchan
18th January 2004, 05:33 AM
.....& the label is Sound 89 records , not Sound records like Discogs says !

lastnightadj
18th January 2004, 08:01 AM
LOL - thats the one :thumbsup:

thanks hAh and qpchan :D

HairyACIDHelmet
18th January 2004, 03:28 PM
LOL - thats the one :thumbsup:

thanks hAh and qpchan :D
No problem m8...

HairyACIDHelmet
18th January 2004, 03:38 PM
Also found this m8,dunno if ya want to get it from the US but...http://www9.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?sid=366582712&key=18461&referred_by=OLDSKOOLANTHEMZ&a_refno=GML555207057

psykikbob
18th January 2004, 03:53 PM
I'd like to hear these. Any chance of U posting clips, both Dara & qpchan? :roll: On the same subject, there's one I want that samples the first part of the bassline "dun dun", without the "duh,duh, dun". There are some bright strings on it, then a whole load of foreign vocal chants come in:
"Buum-me loi, buum-me loi"
(woman) "in-a-wan-bati, in-a-wan-bati"
(man) "can-dan-tiente"
(man) "la, la, la, la,la"
"something, something, malaka persway, cha-coo-cha, coo-coo, cha-coo-cha".
Is this any of the remixes, or can any of U at least eliminate them for me? Got it on a tape from 93, but could be earlier. Thanks... :wave:

lastnightadj
18th January 2004, 09:46 PM
Also found this m8,dunno if ya want to get it from the US but...http://www9.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?sid=366582712&key=18461&referred_by=OLDSKOOLANTHEMZ&a_refno=GML555207057

LOL - looked at that already - but they are shut for bsuness at the mo - and they had another of my top wants :'(

Noel
19th January 2004, 04:56 PM
Is this it?

Was trying to id the other week.... doolz said it might be Techno mix... said to ask Dara....

psykikbob
19th January 2004, 06:29 PM
No that's not the one m8 - But thanx for posting it & also to Dara :turn:

Is this it?

Was trying to id the other week.... doolz said it might be Techno mix... said to ask Dara....

Qpchan
19th January 2004, 08:36 PM
that sample sounds very much like the original instrumental from pro24's with some "don't make me wait " lyrics mixed over it....

Noel
20th January 2004, 10:11 AM
that sample sounds very much like the original instrumental from pro24's with some "don't make me wait " lyrics mixed over it....

:thumbsup: