PDA

View Full Version : Orbital - Belfast

Edinjapan
7th February 2003, 11:18 AM
Been listening to this on repeat since I stole one of me brothers Euphoria chillout CD's. Very good it is too, don't usually go fo that sort of thing. Even has Last of the Mohicans and Gladiator on it (Not the one with John Fashanu)

Anyway anyone know what the vocal sample is?

And is it the same one as 'THe Sun Rising' by the beloved? Another one of my 'nearly time to go home favourites!!

Shooms
7th February 2003, 11:22 AM
Wotcha Ed mate - apparently according to an Orbital interview in an old mixmag I was reading a couple of days ago while 'on the throne' the vocal sample is called 'Feather on the breath of God'....

Hope this help ! :thumbsup:

PS have you heard the 'remix' Belfast/Wasted - also v v v good :heart:

Edinjapan
7th February 2003, 12:14 PM
Feather on the breath of God.

How cool is that? Thats what it sounds like!

Haven't heard the remix you mentioned, anyone got a clip?

Cheers Shoom, am still working up to doing your tapes, will sort it next time I go home I promise!

:king: ;)

Shooms
7th February 2003, 12:17 PM
Ed mate - can rip you the remix no probs. It's really cool actually - same melody/music except uses an Indie singer (forget who now) - who sings a languid song in a Mark Almond styleee (but without the stomach pump ;) )

Mike
7th February 2003, 02:32 PM
Can't remember it off the top of my head but the source of the sample for Belfast is in the sleeve of their first album (the one with the bright green / yellow cover)

nathan
7th February 2003, 03:13 PM
that the choral sample is from the old oxford university choir from like one hundred years ago a mate had it on cd cause we sampled another bit from it.

sample_city
7th February 2003, 08:01 PM
The 'gothic' vocal on Orbital's Belfast is 'O Euchari' by Emily Van Evera
i think it may be part of 'The Mirror of Narcissus - Songs by Guillaume de Machaut (1300-1377)'
and yes it was also used in 'The sun rising' by the Beloved

Edinjapan
8th February 2003, 05:21 PM
Cheers SAmple thats tremendous.

What a record!

Thanks again

Ed

lastnightadj
9th February 2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by sample_city
The 'gothic' vocal on Orbital's Belfast is 'O Euchari' by Emily Van Evera
i think it may be part of 'The Mirror of Narcissus - Songs by Guillaume de Machaut (1300-1377)'
and yes it was also used in 'The sun rising' by the Beloved

Thats spot on - I remember that they had the singer who sang it on Radio 1 Newsbeat - when Sun Rising was out - apparently the sample was never cleared and even though she heard it on the radio - she thought that it was the radio dj using it as a jingle or something - she couldn't get her head round the idea of sampling :p