Smass101
16th August 2008, 08:57 PM
Hi People, i come to you in complete desperation! :fekked:
I'm trying to find the track name and artist of a fantastic piece of Acid Stab Old Skool from the days of Stu Allan on Key 103, it was definitely a big Stu regular on my 1992 and 1993 tapes but i never got a set list for the nights it was played - gutted.
The only major piece of assistance i can offer is this...
The tune consisted of a heavily distorted intro after which the main riff kicked in. This riff is basically the same one used at 1m 45 secs in Anthem - Globe and Hardcore Massive (You Tube - YouTube - Globe and Hardcore Massive - Anthem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIWWYpmTB7Q&watch_response))
However this riff was much more stabby and extended slightly in the tune i remember - there were NO vocal samples in the whole tune. It was all the nasty, stabby riff all the way through....
Speaking to a mate of mine who still DJ's some Old Skool - he remembers several tunes that used the same riff - but couldnt remember the names of any except Anthem and the fact the tune was played at the end of a DJ Cherokee tape he had back then and cant find now - which is as far as i've got :'(
He mentioned this site and said you've helped him out before....
Many thanks in advance for anyone who offer assistance - i wait in anticipation!!!!! :thumbsup:
I'm trying to find the track name and artist of a fantastic piece of Acid Stab Old Skool from the days of Stu Allan on Key 103, it was definitely a big Stu regular on my 1992 and 1993 tapes but i never got a set list for the nights it was played - gutted.
The only major piece of assistance i can offer is this...
The tune consisted of a heavily distorted intro after which the main riff kicked in. This riff is basically the same one used at 1m 45 secs in Anthem - Globe and Hardcore Massive (You Tube - YouTube - Globe and Hardcore Massive - Anthem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIWWYpmTB7Q&watch_response))
However this riff was much more stabby and extended slightly in the tune i remember - there were NO vocal samples in the whole tune. It was all the nasty, stabby riff all the way through....
Speaking to a mate of mine who still DJ's some Old Skool - he remembers several tunes that used the same riff - but couldnt remember the names of any except Anthem and the fact the tune was played at the end of a DJ Cherokee tape he had back then and cant find now - which is as far as i've got :'(
He mentioned this site and said you've helped him out before....
Many thanks in advance for anyone who offer assistance - i wait in anticipation!!!!! :thumbsup: