PDA

View Full Version : Help with toons!!

ZENZEN
23rd July 2002, 11:18 AM
Hi All :hole:
Well I am leaving this thread to see who may be able assist me in identifying some old techno/bouncy techno classics from around '93
At the moment I am compliling a cassette with a selection of unknowns on it that I am looking identified.I am asking if anybody out there is willing to help.

The tape contains tunes from the time these where pumping our dance floors:-

Immaginazione 2~La Musica Del Futuro
Interactive~AMOK!!
D.J. PC~We Choose To Go To The Moon
Brainstorm~Tribal Techno
Z100~Testa Don't stop
Maurizio Braccagni~Bass Solution
Frankie Bones~We Can Do This
Love 4 Sale~Do You Feel So Right..

If anybody's (DJ's or peeps) well into their techno music from this time and recognises all of the above,I am wondering would it be alright to post a copy of the unknowns off to you.
Somebody may be able to identify them and email me the names or leave a thread here.
A lot of the tunes I have been trying to find for ages.

I look foward to any replies posted in connection with my request.

CHEERS!!!
ZenZen :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

Biskit
23rd July 2002, 11:25 AM
If you want, I'll 'av a go at identifying your tunes 4 you off a tape or whatever! If I don't I know, I know a few people who are well into there techno as well, I'll PM you with my address!
Just 1 thing will it not cost you sending tapes or whatever from Ireland to England?
Let me know!?!

Chris

sweet sensation
23rd July 2002, 11:35 AM
Im into techno too mate:thumbsup:, but Im not too sure about iding for ya, I'll give it a go tho :rolleyes:

You got any other way of trying to get them ided, cos I dont want you to go to loads of trouble sending out tapes, then I cant id a single one :S

How about trying to get a sample up or my way is trying to type how they go...:crazy: :fekked: :phones: the peeps on here are so talented, they can id 99% of the time even from a few ba ba bums !! ;) :cool: :drum:

Sweet xx

ZENZEN
23rd July 2002, 11:46 AM
Cheers Biskit & Sweet Sensation.I am in the process of getting the tape together now.I wont be looking it back or anything.I am only going to post out a few to some people who have a good knowledge of the scene from back then.Some of the toons are a little hissy,but if you know you music you should recognise them.
I hope that yous' may be able to help.Drop me an email with details where I could send a copy to.

Thanx for the quick reply,well appreciated.

Cheers & respect....

ZENZEN :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

sweet sensation
23rd July 2002, 12:06 PM
If youre only gonna send out a few tapes then maybe you'd be better off sending them to someone with better "tune id" knowledge...I dont want to waste your money..:S

It also depends on what you mean by Techno...cos personally I wouldnt descibe Love 4 Sale and Testa as techno...but dont ask me what I would call em (apart from cracking good tunes !! ;) )

Sweet xx

Biskit
23rd July 2002, 12:12 PM
Just sent a PM to ya ZENZEN, 'Z100 & LOVE 4 SALE' would fall under a techno/trance catergory, if you're wondering, Sweet Sensation! :thumbsup:

ZENZEN
23rd July 2002, 12:20 PM
Cheers Biskit!! I'll get one off to you A.S.A.P.
I can send you one Sweet Sensation if you wish.

Cheers again guys!!!

ZENZEN

sweet sensation
23rd July 2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by biskit
Just sent a PM to ya ZENZEN, 'Z100 & LOVE 4 SALE' would fall under a techno/trance catergory, if you're wondering, Sweet Sensation! :thumbsup:

Lol !!! Ok biskit :thumbsup: all these catergories make me laugh...a tunes a tune as far as Im concerned, I remember the days when you could hear techno, piano, house, breakbeat, hardcore, trance and whatever else you wanted all in the same night !!! ;) ;) :drum: :guitar: :phones:

Oh those were the days !! ;)

Sweet xx

Biskit
23rd July 2002, 05:46 PM
Yep Sweet, gone 'av them days! :( If you want to hear trance, go to a trance club, if you want to hear techno, go to a techno club, if you want to hear house!! & so on & so on :S Sh*t innit!?! I like a mixture, the DJ is seriously put 2 the test then at mixin' !! :D

Zenzen, I've sent you my address, If you dont recieve 4 some bizarre reason, let me know :thumbsup:

sirius
23rd July 2002, 07:44 PM
ZenZen, You remember Sunset107 and that other one (PowerFM??) What used to on in Ireland back in 93/94???. I used to be able to get those at my house in lancashire somehow during the summers!!!! - God knows how!.

Anyway, I think I sort of get the gist of where youre at, bud. In my collection that type of thing is under a sort of Scottish House/Techno section (dont take offence! :) ). Didnt used to have 'sections', but findin stuff got too difficult!!!!.

Do you like the Steppin' Out stuff?? or perhaps Shoop stuff or 23rd Precinct, even some Clubscene stuff??? Or are these too cheesey for U. Love4Sale was on Steppin'Out, btw.

If you could figure out how to get the samples on the net then I could have a do, although I must admit its not my strong point.

Is www.Myplay.com still up?? - If so, you could make an account there to store your samples on.........but copy them too incase the account gets overused using your login details.......

Cheerio,

Sirius.

ZENZEN
24th July 2002, 11:10 AM
Hey Sirius,I do remember Sunset107,that is going back a while. Also B.C.R. with Phil West (Belfast City Radio) The two where running around the same time.Bringing back memories :gigolo:

I like the labels you have stated.Steppin out stuff was good, although I thought that their later stuff was getting very cheesy/comercial.
I have Love4Sale 12" Feel so Right on Steppin' Out,very early release with the footprint in the centre of the record instead of the later logo.Come to think of it I have a few Steppin' Out releases,Techno Too,DJ Scott. You get the picture :spin: :spin:

Shoop stuff was a little hard at times.I managed to pick up a white label of Bass X ~ Hardcore Disco in '93 (I think).Still a top tune. :phones: :phones: :phones: It can be mixed into the type of techno I would be into.
I really dig the Brainstorm Label and as they put it 'SPECIAL TECHNO' some top toons where released through it.I have been trying to gather up information on their back catalogue,but not having much luck.
The labels you have mentioned have all had good releases through them and I have some of them.

You dont happen to have any of the following that you would be willing to part with?????

Immaginazione 2~La Musica Del Futuro
Interactive~AMOK!! (original German release)
Any Question~Living on Fantasy
Maurizio Braccagni~Bass Solution
Final Analyzis~El Punto Final
Frankie Bones~We Can Do This
D.J. PC~We Choose to go to the Moon

If you want to have a go at trying to identify some of the toons I am looking,drop me a PM with a postage address and I will send you of a copy of what I have.It's up to you.I am only sending out a few tapes and wont be looking it back.Just ask if you identify any leave a thread or email me.

Cheers for the help.

Peace
:gigolo: :gigolo: :gigolo:
ZenZen :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: