PDA

View Full Version : old Maximes tune

ilovepiano
12th July 2002, 04:07 PM
Not a piano tune but still a belter. Only heard it at Maximes. Don't remember any vocals being on it but I could be wrong. The main hand raiser bit (well, sort of) sounds a bit like that really shit song called Doop by Doop, you know, those trumpet things. Any ideas?
Cheers
Tim

butty
12th July 2002, 04:25 PM
im thinkin "dj h feat steffi - think about"mate altho i could b way off

VinylAnimal
12th July 2002, 04:39 PM
B.F.I - Why Not Jazz :confused:

ilovepiano
12th July 2002, 05:18 PM
Sorted!
Hey, after reading the 'online record stores section' I'm f'kin glad it's not just me whos had problems with DMF. Bunch of arseholes aren't they? Nearly two weeks and I've still not got my stuff. Damaged in the post apparently...
Cheers mate
Tim

butty
12th July 2002, 05:22 PM
was 1 of us right ilovepiano fella? i wanna put an extra line on me tally chart coz ive got a fekkin long way to get near the man like va

ilovepiano
12th July 2002, 05:27 PM
Well I can tell you that it's not the DJ H & Steffy - Think About coz I have that already, so I'm reconing that VA has got this one. The jazz part of the title sounds about right, coz I suppose it does sound a bit jazzy. I'll see if I can track it down.
Cheers
Tim

jonnyp
12th July 2002, 06:17 PM
MASI - Apache (house mix or somet)

dunno...perhaps???

jonny

whatyadoinsucka
12th July 2002, 07:57 PM
:cool:

ilovepiano
12th July 2002, 08:11 PM
That was quite a random statement! You're right it is a tune and a half. Tell you what, Rhyth Eclipse - Feel it in the air is also a tune and a half. Infact, it's closer to being like, almost a double tune!!! It's just a shame that trying to find it is like trying to find rocking horse shit in a cuckoo clock!

Biskit
12th July 2002, 11:57 PM
Sounds like Doop by Doop in a certain bit of the song...
Try... PROHIBITION - PROHIBITION GROOVE!
Pretty pumpin till it gets to the doop sounding bit, then repeats, pumpin bit, then 'Doop' bit.
:rotate: I just might have a copy of it somewhere on vinyl, never been used:spin:

VinylAnimal
13th July 2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by butty
i wanna put an extra line on me tally chart

Lol @ Butty - another notch in yer bedpost ;)

I reckon we gonna have to start ruling some of these suggestions out else we not gonna get anywhere :D

I'll but me cards on the table first:

http://www.vinylanimal.btinternet.co.uk/unknown/bfi.mp3 ;)

jonnyp
13th July 2002, 03:04 PM
does my pair beat your ace high VA??

www.jprocter.dsl.pipex.com/masi.mp3

jonny

VinylAnimal
13th July 2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by jonnyp
does my pair beat your ace high VA??

Lololol :D

ilovepiano
13th July 2002, 03:25 PM
Oh dear... VA seems to be loosing his touch! Jonny P's got this one . Absolutely flawless.
Cheers people
Tim

jonnyp
13th July 2002, 03:36 PM
There can only be one winner:drevil:

Seriously tho...this might be the way to go with people sticking up samples of possibles if they can be arsed...only takes a couple of minutes and the guy/gal asking can listen and see if it's the one they want.

:thumbsup:

jonny

ilovepiano
13th July 2002, 03:43 PM
You're right, it does sound like a plan. If anyone can write a simple set of instructions of how to do this for people like me who aren't too clever at stuff like that, then that would certainly make it a lot easier than someone writing "tune from 92, has a woman singing on it." Well, perhaps not that vague but you know what I mean!
Tim

VinylAnimal
13th July 2002, 04:32 PM
Doh !!!!! :(

Lol nice going Jonny mate :thumbsup:

Only trouble is with samples is that most of my stuff is only on vinyl. This one I already had ripped so it wasn't a big job (drop it to mono & upload).

Takes me a bit longer to rip the vinyl (can sometimes take ages to find the bugger lol) On top of that not everyone has web space available to hold the sample.

I reckon a walkthrough on how to rip stuff is loooong overdue, but it prolly best done on how to rip tapes (as that where most of the unknowns originate).

Anyone fancy writing one - I'm shite at owt like that :crazy: :crazy:

Glad ya got yer ID Tim mate :thumbsup: Teamwork is everything init ;)

ste huxley
13th July 2002, 06:52 PM
Evil Laff - He he I got this tune, hear it played by me on the 20th July at Goodtimes RAHHH!!!!!!!!
:axe:

Originally posted by ilovepiano
That was quite a random statement! You're right it is a tune and a half. Tell you what, Rhyth Eclipse - Feel it in the air is also a tune and a half. Infact, it's closer to being like, almost a double tune!!! It's just a shame that trying to find it is like trying to find rocking horse shit in a cuckoo clock!