PDA

View Full Version : ID neeeeedeed!!

glazzy
8th July 2002, 08:44 AM
hi...this tune is from '88 (according to the dance years which was on last night) and it was an african bloke singin in a foriegn language...which could be african now i've thought about it:axe: :axe: :axe: :axe:

i missed the name/artist cos i was half asleep...think it was called ye key ye key or ke ke ke ke....it was something like that anyway...it's a bit of a cheesy tune i think but they used to kick smiths(warrington) off with it every thursday night so it's got a few memories 4 me:$ :$

any help would be good...thankyou in advance:D :D :D

jayne x

glazzy
8th July 2002, 08:55 AM
mory kante - ye ke ye ke...i just found it on kazaa, for some reason i thought it was gonna be quite difficult to find!!!!!

jayne x

fugjostle
8th July 2002, 11:33 AM
Mory Kante - 'yeke yeke' is on 'Going Global' records... released in 95 with the Hardfloor remix which is the one you want I think.

It was re-released in 96 with the hardfloor mixes plus a klubheads mix. If you get a copy of the klubheads mix let me know what its like :-)

---
Fug

glazzy
8th July 2002, 12:01 PM
nice 1 m8 the hard floor mix was the 1 i was lookin for...found it on kazaa after downloadin every else too...i didn't see a kludhead mix though......if i find it i'll let y' know:D :D :D :D :D won't be on vinyl though, last time i played a proper record it was bucks fizz...a long time ago:$ :$ (am i forgiven??)

the only other 1 was an afro acid mix but i aint got that yet cos it's takin' a year to arrive:( :(

jayne x

Taff64
8th July 2002, 12:35 PM
If ya want the Afro Acid mix Jayne then let me know... much better version than the Hardfloor mix....:D

glazzy
8th July 2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Taff64
If ya want the Afro Acid mix Jayne then let me know... much better version than the Hardfloor mix....:D

thanks Taff i just finished gettin' it about 5 minutes ago....i'm listenin' to it now...:drum: :phones: :drum: :phones:

jayne x

djleekee
8th July 2002, 09:00 PM
:roll: Ive got the klubbheads mix but its not really recommened! stick with the hardfloor mix!

DJ Leekee
www.djleekee.com

btw what is the Afro Acid mix like? Worth a listen? :)

glazzy
8th July 2002, 09:08 PM
the afro mix is ok...i'm the wrong person to be askin' though cos i can only say it's different...not loads different, DOH:axe: :axe: :axe:

i'd send it you if i at all had a clue how to...but otherwise i'd say it's defo worth a listen

jayne x

Taff64
8th July 2002, 10:27 PM
The Afro Mix is the proper original version from way back in 88... a personal fav... Balearic Beat style.....:D

whatyadoinsucka
8th July 2002, 11:02 PM
the afro acid orig is good

but sasha's still hammers that hardfloor remix to this day