PDA

View Full Version : "Turn up the bass, to make a funky sound"....

Phil
24th June 2002, 11:23 PM
Hi,

Anyone able to ID this sukka for me?...

Only ever heard it out once, played by Dj Sy at the Orbit (Morley) in 1992. (It's on the Sy 7 or 8 tape if anyone's interested). It's one of my fave moments in clubland!.... I was there when he dropped it...took the roof off the place...I've never seen such a response to a track - people hugging / crying etc...anyway.....

Vocals are "Turn up the bass, to make a funky sound, (x3), Jus' like a nuclear bomb, hittin' the ground" - massive bassy explosion followed by some very nice hooverage!, then the breakdown "Some people are made for each other, some people can love one another for life, how 'bout us" (yeah, the 1970/80's song by Joe Cocker or someone), breakbeat follows....

What a flippin track!..

Thanks in advance

Phil
<gettin all nostalgic!>

oldskooldazed (al)
25th June 2002, 09:00 AM
phil this tune is the mighty

elixiiar Vitae - gotta release - and what a tune

al

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

feel the power of bass / vocal

Shooms
25th June 2002, 10:58 AM
LOL ! I didn't know this was a tune - I got it on a Fantazia @ Donnington tape with the MC chatting it !!:axe:

oldskooldazed (al)
25th June 2002, 12:07 PM
ahh shit which tape mucka is it from fantazia

the song ive got is bit of secret weopan ive got big piano tune

elixiar vitae - gotta release

Caused that rap turn up the music- to fee the funk sound is off

chad jackson - hear the drummer get wicked - this tune is pure piano - sampling that

ste h - has the vinyl - one of my fav tunes

alan

Mike
25th June 2002, 01:45 PM
The one that Phil is on about isn't a piano tune, I know the one you mean mate, it's a hardcore tune late 92 or early 93, I have it on an old pilgrim tape but can't remember what it is. Samples a cheesy ballad!!! Wicked tune, I'm sure it was on an EP with a few others.

Phil
25th June 2002, 06:29 PM
Yep, that's the one Mike, hardly any piano in this tune!..

Thanks for trying anyway guys, I've only ever heard it out once, therefore, I reckon it must be pretty rare...

God, that sounds so "full" of myself doesn't it?, like I'm some sort of "guru" !.

Phil

Mike
25th June 2002, 06:36 PM
I'll see if I can post a sample in a bit, might help jog someone's memory

Phil
25th June 2002, 06:43 PM
Don't go to any trouble on my account, I don't collect records, (just seek to know what my fave tracks are so I can look for them on mp3).

Cheers anyway m8.

Phil

Mike
25th June 2002, 10:27 PM
That's alright Phil I wanted to know this one meself mate, you reminded me of it, here's a sample

http://members.aol.com/wozzza2002/bass.mp3

Phil
26th June 2002, 06:14 AM
Yeah, that's the one!. Pity Robbie Dee spoiled it!.

oldskooldazed (al)
4th July 2002, 11:29 AM
phil hope this helps but ive got ya the name of the ep

dj diplomat - tis a white label but i will ave a rip for ya soon m8

alan

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Phil
4th July 2002, 04:56 PM
Brilliant!!!...

Thanks for that fella. I look forward to the rip in the near future...

By the way, those tapes are excellent mate. Got quite a few track ID's required now!.

Thanks again,

Phil