PDA

View Full Version : TUNE ID's FROM AROUND 1993

ZENZEN
24th June 2002, 11:49 AM
Hi all well I have a few tunes I am trying to get ID's for,so hopefully soem of you can help me out :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

I think most of them are from 1993,so here goes:-

Track 1
Bouncy techno toon with the the lyrics over the beat saying 'Blow that whistle,Blow that whistle,Blow that whistle....(beats on their own)....Blow that whistle,Blow that whistle,Blowt that whistle.... this keeps continuing with bouncy/happy bassline.
Any ideas:confused: :confused:

Track 2
This is another techno tune from the same tape (time) Goes something like this:-
'Upta,upta,upta Beese (or may sound like beats or base) Upta,upta,upta,Beese.....Upta,upta,upta beese.....Upta beese,Upta beese....'
Somebody may have an idea :ghost: :ghost:

Track 3
Dont know how I can describe this,only lyrics over a hard techno beat are:-
'Oocha,oicha,oocha,oicha,oocha,oicha,oocha,oicha.. .. :confused: :confused:
Thats the only way I can describe that one.Heard Carl Cox play it a few times when he played Northern Ireland.

Track 4
This was a classic that I have heard on many a tape but still dont have a name.Builds up to this part then breaks into a speech with a build up in the background.Here goes the speech:-
I want to see your hands out there,let me see ya see your hands,I want everyone to kick up some noise,I want to hear some revolution out there brothers...Brothers and sisters then time has come for each and everyone of you to decide whether you are going to be the problem or whether you are going to be the solution.....You must choose brothers,you must choose,It takes five seconds to realise your purpose on the planet,five seconds to realise it's time to move,it's time to get down brothers,It's time to testify and I want to know are you ready to testify
Breaks back into the beats and bassline again.

Well I will see what I get back and whether or not anybody recognises any of them.If you do and are selling or know anybody selling any of them,please could you let me know.

Thanks,
ZenZen :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

mikey
24th June 2002, 11:59 AM
matey!
the last one is:
lionrock-are you willing to testify (deconstruction)
it's on the b-side to 'carnival' (i think..!)
i was just playing it the other day...proper prog. house,better than 99% of nowadays stuff!!!!!!
mikey :phones:

ZENZEN
24th June 2002, 12:04 PM
Cheers Mikey!!! :spin: :spin: :spin:

VinylAnimal
24th June 2002, 01:43 PM
10 mins that took Mikey fella - you're slipping :naughty:

Heheheheh :D

lastnightadj
24th June 2002, 02:17 PM
#1 - is it DJ DUKE Blow Your Whistle? - from the right period - double pack promo had loads of remixes - maybe it is one of them

ZENZEN
26th June 2002, 01:26 PM
Hi lastnightadj

:eyes: :eyes:

I know the DJ Duke tune you are on about,but this is more pumping,witha different sounding 'Blow that whistle lyric'.
The lyrics sound like they are going 'Blow that whistle,Blow that whistle,Blow that whistle....(beats on their own)....Blow that whistle,Blow that whistle,Blow that whistle....

But in saying that the tape I have is quite hissy,could be something different.

I will keep checking my updates.

Thanks for your help though,much appreciated :eyebrow:

ZENZEN :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

sirius
26th June 2002, 07:36 PM
Cant remember the artist, but there was a record called 'The Whistle Song' I think. Not too sure though. Frankie Knuckles or something maybee?????????. Not that DjFriendly/Pianoman tune then :).

Bye

whatyadoinsucka
26th June 2002, 07:45 PM
frankie knuckles did the 'whistle song'

nathan
26th June 2002, 11:50 PM
the only track i know that goes like that and isn't dj duke is by bentley rhythm ace but that would be more like 1997

djleekee
1st July 2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by ZENZEN
[B]Hi all well I have a few tunes I am trying to get ID's for,so hopefully soem of you can help me out :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

I think most of them are from 1993,so here goes:-

Track 1
Bouncy techno toon with the the lyrics over the beat saying 'Blow that whistle,Blow that whistle,Blow that whistle....(beats on their own)....Blow that whistle,Blow that whistle,Blowt that whistle.... this keeps continuing with bouncy/happy bassline.
Any ideas:confused: :confused:

DJ DUKE -Blow your whistle!

Track 4
This was a classic that I have heard on many a tape but still dont have a name.Builds up to this part then breaks into a speech with a build up in the background.Here goes the speech:-
I want to see your hands out there,let me see ya see your hands,I want everyone to kick up some noise,I want to hear some revolution out there brothers...Brothers and sisters then time has come for each and everyone of you to decide whether you are going to be the problem or whether you are going to be the solution.....You must choose brothers,you must choose,It takes five seconds to realise your purpose on the planet,five seconds to realise it's time to move,it's time to get down brothers,It's time to testify and I want to know are you ready to testify
Breaks back into the beats and bassline again.

This could be Lionrock but i feel its more likely to be 2funky2-brothers and sisters - there was quite a few other mixes that didnt feature the piano so much and did break down into the speech bit!

DJ Leekee
www.djleekee.com

Biskit
1st July 2002, 09:16 PM
Track 4 is DEFO - 'LIONROCK - ARE U WILLING TO TESTIFY'. The B-side 2 'CARNIVAL' as Mikey stated! Proggy tune which plods along with the drums, "dum dum der der dum!" and then breaks in2 the famous speech mid tune and the off again!!!! :spin: