PDA

View Full Version : 10 OLD SKOOL BALEARIC CORKERS 4 ID's

DJ H
5th July 2004, 04:29 PM
:cool: 10 Balearic beauties to please be id'd from those in the know - 'Balearic' as in down-tempo, euro, soul, funky & leftfield - not the fake mass market 'Ibiza Chill' variety :naughty:
Remembering when 'Balearic' still had that 'Indie Dance' sensibility about it & DJ's warmed up their sets spinning music across a very broad spectrum :spin:
These are some of my outstanding favourite tunes from the very late 80's through to 92/93, so any help would be greatly appreciated from you guys & gals out there...

:wave:

sample_city
5th July 2004, 07:27 PM
Belearic 2 is
electra - destiny
i think it was on FFRR and oakenfold had somthing to do with it!

nathanjay
5th July 2004, 07:28 PM
Unfortunately I dont know any, but Ive had to reply so I get notified when someone IDs 5 6 & 10 - which are all beautiful sounding tunes.

Cheers

Nathanjay

pauly p
5th July 2004, 07:39 PM
was playing no 7 the other day but can`t remember it - doh
gonna start a mission to find it now.
Sure its from 1993 even though its sounds like early Ariel circa 1990.

pauly p
5th July 2004, 07:42 PM
Balearic10 sounds like a harmonica version of Wood Allen - Airport 89. Wierd

wildpitch
5th July 2004, 08:03 PM
Some nice tuneage there, can only remember one though, no 9 = Loca Mia - Loca Mia, 4 to the floor remix.

pluto
5th July 2004, 08:59 PM
is......... jet free - harphead the sequal(mayan 001)

lastnightadj
6th July 2004, 06:32 AM
Balearic10 sounds like a harmonica version of Wood Allen - Airport 89. Wierd
I've heard any even earlier version of Balearic 10 on a Baldelli tape from Mid 80's - with the woodallen harmonica bit - this sounds like a remix of that :confused:

DJ H
6th July 2004, 09:07 AM
:D
My sincere thanks to all those that have listened so far - the id's are greatly appreciated as they are all from tapes of a club in Warrington called Legends that I sed to frequent many years ago - all these tunes were used as warm up's most every week for years & just became part of the night in general - so I've been trying to find em for many years now - so many memories :)
I've mailed you all privately to say thanks - hope you got the mails (in fact, could someone please let me know as I'm new to the site & want to make sure that everything is working OK from my end...
Many thanks :thumbsup:

Konspiracy
6th July 2004, 10:21 AM
Pretty sure No1 is Maryhouse - Channel, an Italian tune from 1990

The used to play it at Konspiracy early on too ;)

Konspiracy
6th July 2004, 10:25 AM
Ive definietly got 8 as well, feck what is it..

Italian (suprisingly lol ;) )

Konspiracy
6th July 2004, 10:28 AM
You lucky fella, I'd dug it out last week so its nearby.. ;)

8 - RFTR - Rock Oops on GFB

:thumbsup:

pinkychukkles
6th July 2004, 10:33 AM
Don't know any of them, sorry, but 5 & 7 sound great.

DJ H
6th July 2004, 01:37 PM
I can't get over that track being by RFTR - can't recall anything other than their euro ravey sound on stuff like 'Extrasyn'...(which still sounds good - if a little cheesy ;) )

badroxx
6th July 2004, 11:21 PM
DJ H hi mate its Mike Woods (Woody) one of the DJs from Legends. I will get you the names of all those tracks as soon as possible Ive sold a few of those records and can't remember off the top of my head the others, but number 4 is defo Jet Free - Harphead the Sequel ive got that in front of me leave it with me I will be back with the rest. :thumbsup:

badroxx
6th July 2004, 11:27 PM
Just remembered number 10 its called Electric Flyng, I sold my original copy which was Italian and had a purple centre but the one I have in front of me is Cool Connection which is a white label Italian Import.

badroxx
6th July 2004, 11:30 PM
Ive recently done a CD with some of these kind of tracks onfrom Legends for my car, if there is demand I will start selling them.

DJ H
7th July 2004, 12:13 PM
I know you sold a load of em (bet ya secretly wish you'd have kept some of em though :'( )
It's Marcus dude!! Glad to be back in touch - I moved out from my 'home' office last year to a managed office & changed my ISP - lost all my email contacts & then my mobile died one day :fekked: proper knackered me...didn't know how to get back in touch with everyone - I also lost loadsa work as a result :@ Anyway, Mark sent me a txt about 2 weeks ago, totally out of the blue, so I was obviously made up so I could get back in touch with everyone at long last :turn:
Got loads goin on, & have got something for you to listen to!!!!!!!!!! phones:
I'll mail ya private with my new phone numbers & email @ work & let's have a chat...
In the meantime, here's 4 more for ya (I've got loads I want to find out the names of...)
Great to hear from you mate
:wave: Marcus

Konspiracy
7th July 2004, 12:24 PM
DJ H hi mate its Mike Woods (Woody) one of the DJs from Legends. I will get you the names of all those tracks as soon as possible Ive sold a few of those records and can't remember off the top of my head the others, but number 4 is defo Jet Free - Harphead the Sequel ive got that in front of me leave it with me I will be back with the rest. :thumbsup:

Alrite fellas :thumbsup: Welcome to the board, I think you both might like it round here ;)

lippiatte
7th July 2004, 07:41 PM
DJ H,

ital piano 1 = Amii Stewart - Lost It (white label) cat #: LOST 1

Produced by: 4 to the Floor

old skool 10 = Temple of Delights (white label)

i think this was an MCR Promo....cat #: MCR P 2

can't think of the sasha 1 right now.... :$

William Pitt
8th July 2004, 01:58 AM
Believe it or not, Wood Allen/Airport 89 is actually a re-make of a funk record by The Rah Band (yes, the same ones who did Clouds Across The Moon a few years later) which was a massive track in Italy during the 1970s and 1980s with DJs like Baldelli and Moz-art. It was called Electric Fling and you can find it on the LP "The Crunch & Beyond".

lastnightadj
8th July 2004, 06:38 AM
Believe it or not, Wood Allen/Airport 89 is actually a re-make of a funk record by The Rah Band (yes, the same ones who did Clouds Across The Moon a few years later) which was a massive track in Italy during the 1970s and 1980s with DJs like Baldelli and Moz-art. It was called Electric Fling and you can find it on the LP "The Crunch & Beyond".
Bingo :thumbsup:

DJ H
8th July 2004, 08:53 AM
Big thanks for the extra id's guys - keep em comin' on the outstanding ones :mad:

badroxx
8th July 2004, 08:31 PM
will contact you soon.