PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a long shot

Amelie
2nd July 2004, 10:04 AM
but would anyone mind doing a quick id over the phone, promise not to waffle just play it and put the phone down. There is no way i can describle this one, other then its got a vocal female sample of 'gonna get high till the day i die' on it and loads of sax/ trumpet and a dead phat beat, with an over all 70's feel at times.

Its needed asap.

Thanks in advance,

Amelie :)

Amelie
2nd July 2004, 10:05 AM
And its from about 93 i think :)

marchwiel
2nd July 2004, 10:09 AM
It's not Primal Scream is it? Don't fight it, feel it. Bit earlier than 93 but seems to fit your description

Amelie
2nd July 2004, 10:13 AM
Nah its deffo a dance one, very funky. Lol sorry some sounds i find to hard to describe.

:rolleyes:

marchwiel
2nd July 2004, 10:16 AM
Nah its deffo a dance one, very funky. Lol sorry some sounds i find to hard to describe.

:rolleyes:Oh well, not by a 'phone sorry.

lastnightadj
2nd July 2004, 10:56 AM
Mother - All Funked Up????

Amelie
2nd July 2004, 11:17 AM

Thanks mate, but without a sample i cannot say yey or nay :$ .

Northern Star have very kindly let me phone her at work, and she is on the case, but if anyone has a sample of the above suggestion it would be greatly appreaciated.

:thumbsup:

Edited to add it has absolutly no piano on it at all, if that helps. :)

Mike
2nd July 2004, 11:19 AM

I would say that's spot on from Amelie's description... If you've not got this sorted I can upload a clip later when I'm back at home :)

Amelie
2nd July 2004, 11:34 AM
Thanks Mike that would be great :)

pluto
2nd July 2004, 11:34 AM
was doing my head in what it was off........here's a clip of mother - all funked up(mothers pride mix)

Amelie
2nd July 2004, 11:43 AM
woo-hoo! Thats it, thanks a million to all for your effort, you are a great bunch :thumbsup:

Sorry one last thing, how easy is it to get hold off? I am nipping to manc now will i pick it up in any of the shops?

Is it expensive? Its a gift for someone you see :)

marchwiel
2nd July 2004, 12:09 PM
woo-hoo! Thats it, thanks a million to all for your effort, you are a great bunch :thumbsup:

Sorry one last thing, how easy is it to get hold off? I am nipping to manc now will i pick it up in any of the shops?

Is it expensive? Its a gift for someone you see :)Really shouldn't be that hard to find, and really shouldn't be too expensive (I'd say definitely don't pay over a tenner, a fiver would be reasonable). :thumbsup:

Mike
2nd July 2004, 01:23 PM
was doing my head in what it was off........here's a clip of mother - all funked up(mothers pride mix)

Hahaha now I think about it I'm sure that was one of the poor neglected records sitting there without a sleeve in your spare room at the weekend :P

pluto
2nd July 2004, 01:26 PM
aye :$ :$ :$ :D

Amelie
3rd July 2004, 11:20 AM
Thanks again all involved, and cheers to RJ (aka James Bond) for sending me a copy through the post, you are a star :thumbsup:

:)

nathan
4th July 2004, 02:34 AM

a shadow of a doubt this is it. One of the biggest and best of 93. I'll never forget it cause I 'trampolined' a whole wrap down the toilets whilst at love ranch when this was playing