PDA

View Full Version : Vertigo Gold Rush Tunes

GavinH
18th June 2004, 08:33 AM
Just found this website and it seems the best place to get some tunes id'd. Is anyone familiar with the 1992 vertigo tape "Gold Rush"? This was one of my all time top tapes of the time and I've been trying to find out a couple of tunes for ages (12 years!!) - with no success.

Unfortunatley I don't have mp3 capability but I can try and explain the tunes for anyone who knows the tape:

1. Tune is old style prog and is mixed into Manic - (I) Feel The Rush?? and has a female vocal repeating "baby".

2. Next to last tune on side 2. This tune I think also appears at start of tape with a different (ambient) type mix.

Hope some of you can help me on these....................

Mister_DJ
18th June 2004, 10:45 AM
Your first one is off the DIY - 'Hothead' EP - corking tuuuunne! phones:

:thumbsup:

Mart
:rolleyes:

brady
18th June 2004, 12:57 PM
2. Next to last tune on side 2. This tune I think also appears at start of tape with a different (ambient) type mix.

Hope some of you can help me on these....................

yeah im after that one too, heres a clip of the mix near the end of side 2 (not the ambient mix on side 1)

DJ Vertigo 10 - Goldrush Aug 92
also going around as - DJ Sasha 10

1. Varied Lily - Star (the birth mix) ambient
2. 2 Much - So Strong
3. Baby June - Hey Whats Your Name?
4. Brothers Love Dubs - The Mighty Ming (Stress)
5. The Grid - Figure of 8 (saxapella)
6. Shakespeare Sister - Black Sky (Underworld Mix)
7. Sunscreem - Love U More (Slam mix)
8. M.A.N.I.C. - Feel The Rush (Union City)
9. DIY - HotHead (Warp) (Alabama 3 - I shall be Released)
10. ??? inst
11. SLD - Getting Out
12. Sunset Regime - Come On People (inst) piano
13. Pamela Fernandez - Kickin in the beat (accapella)
14. Pamela Fernandez - Kickin in the beat (AIM dub)
15. D:Ream - You R the Best Thing (sasha)
16. Love this - what is it? "can u feel it" piano
17. U2 - Even better than the real thing (perfecto)
18. Unity - Unity (future Sound of london southside remix)
19. Reality - Feel It (John J & Daz M) "can you feel it, feel the rhythm in your feet" piano
20. ??? "keep it going now, take me higher" piano / breakbeat (poss- Analysis - The Climax)
21. Diamonds and Pearls - What You Do To Me "what you talking about" piano/female
22. Sheer Bronze - Walkin On
23. Cordial - Candlelight
24. Frankie - Understand this Groove
25. Varied Lily - Star (piano solo emphasis mix)
26. Freaky Dreamer - Freaky Dreamer

GavinH
18th June 2004, 02:49 PM
Track 10 is called "Come On People" by somebody like Sunshine People I think??? Have it somewhere - can try and dig it out if your interested in knowing what it is?

Can't believe that DIY track has been named!! Thanks for that. All I have to do now is track it down......

GavinH
18th June 2004, 02:50 PM
Sorry -i meant track 12.

GavinH
18th June 2004, 02:52 PM
Just had a look for DIY on the search. It pulled up various ep's with different mixes. Any ideas which mix is on the tape please???

Biskit
18th June 2004, 03:23 PM
Track 10 is called "Come On People" by somebody like Sunshine People I think??? Have it somewhere - can try and dig it out if your interested in knowing what it is?

probs 'Sunset Regime' ;)

david@sharlo.freeserve.co
18th June 2004, 04:29 PM
Just had a look for DIY on the search. It pulled up various ep's with different mixes. Any ideas which mix is on the tape please???

Hothead ep is here
http://db6.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?sid=362139959&key=68345&referred_by=OLDSKOOLANTHEMZ&a_refno=GML629522053

as mentioned b4 tis a choooooooooooooon!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

GavinH
18th June 2004, 04:48 PM
Thanks! Just got it off the same link bfor you posted. Can't believe it! 12 years of asking everybody i could think of and countelss record shops with no luck! Post this morning and I've got it already!

I can see this website costing me a lot of money :|

brady
18th June 2004, 09:39 PM
Track 12 is called "Come On People" by somebody like Sunshine People I think??? Have it somewhere - can try and dig it out if your interested in knowing what it is?....

yeah sure if you could dig out the record and confirm the ID :thumbsup:

Jules031272
19th June 2004, 08:34 PM
The DIY tune was first released as Alabama 3 - I shall be Released I believe...

GavinH
22nd June 2004, 08:02 AM
As above - track 12 definetly Sunset Regime (THG).

brady
22nd June 2004, 05:14 PM
is this track 12 ?? -- http://www.discogs.com/release/86861

GavinH
23rd June 2004, 09:24 AM
No, but if you use the search at top right of screen and try "Come on people" under title then "Sunset Regime" comes up amongst others with at least 5 different links. One has a listen button so you can double check its the right one.

I tired to put an actual link in this reply but don't know how!!

I have a copy of the track (hardly ever played). Any decent swaps considered!!

brady
24th June 2004, 07:32 PM
yeah thats the one

top spotting fella

here is the mp3 link from the search window above
http://216.40.245.42/classictrax.nu-hosting.net/13075.mp3

grad
25th June 2004, 10:16 AM
yeah im after that one too, heres a clip of the mix near the end of side 2 (not the ambient mix on side 1)

the tracks called 'star', can't remember who it's by but can dig it out and tell you later.

GavinH
25th June 2004, 03:13 PM
"Star" probably sounds about right, as there's a faint female vocal in the background going "we are made of stars" or sumat like that?!?!?

I want that bloody record!!

grad
26th June 2004, 01:00 PM
its

varied lily - star

on d&w DW1911

brady
27th June 2004, 01:19 PM
cheers grad

http://www.discogs.com/release/152070

i take the ambient mix at the start of side 1 will be the birth mix and the piano mix on side 2 will be the piano solo emphasis mix

brady
27th June 2004, 01:26 PM
can anybody name this track

20. ??? "keep it going now, take me higher" piano / breakbeat (poss- Analysis - The Climax)

clip attached