PDA

View Full Version : "body' emotion, let your body jerk..." in '91

Qpchan
19th May 2004, 09:09 PM
Anyone to ID a track from the end of 1991 ... heavily sampling the riff of Mixmaster (in the mix) .... (not sure of the exact lyrics thought ....)

lastnightadj
20th May 2004, 06:28 AM
for some reason im thinking of a track by Tao (I think) and a title or label of Free Spirit of something - not much help really :confused:

just looked it up on htfr

TAO - LOVE POTION - FREE SPIRIT 1991

I remember this sampling Mixmasters and may have had the Peech Boys sample phones:

Konspiracy
20th May 2004, 10:17 AM
Could also be ? - Set Me Free on Rapina Records

The whole tune rips In the Mix

lastnightadj
20th May 2004, 11:30 AM
Could also be ? - Set Me Free on Rapina Records

The whole tune rips In the Mix
Forgot that one - loved that tune phones:

Don't think it has the "body emotion let your body jerk" vocal samples thoght - just the main Loletta Holloway ones :thumbsup:

Actually I love anything that samples In The Mix - such a quality riff :king:

Qpchan
22nd May 2004, 12:01 AM
thank u both of U !! the track I'm looking for isn't (set me free) on Rapina, so it is probably TAO !!! I gotta look for this one :) thanxx

pauly p
22nd May 2004, 12:45 AM
Could be this: Deez - Seduction / Body in motion (Souk disque).

Its a massive uplifting housy tuneroonie from 1991 ;)

Qpchan
22nd May 2004, 12:49 AM
Thank U Pauly !!! would u know anywhere I could listen a sample of that ?

pauly p
22nd May 2004, 01:07 AM
here`s a clip.

By jove this is such a tune :thumbsup:

Qpchan
22nd May 2004, 01:13 AM
Pauly !!! unfortunatly, that isn't the one (same sample thought) if U go 6 track further in this LG's mix from the other thread, the track is there ....with the "IN the mix" riff ;)

pauly p
22nd May 2004, 01:15 AM
aww thought i`d nailed it then :$

skippy
22nd May 2004, 10:44 AM
here's another track on 'italian style' from 1991, by pierre feroldi, which also contains the sample that you mention -

ruffcut - love will make it right (http://www.btinternet.com/~damag3/ruffcut_-_love_will_make_it_right_-_vocal_club_mix.mp3) phones:

i don't think that's the track you're after to be honest, but it's worth a pop...

i ripped that version specifically for somebody a couple of years ago aswell, and i can't remember what the other mixes sound like, so i'll try to find the record for you to see if any version samples the mixmaster.

:)

Qpchan
22nd May 2004, 07:43 PM
thanxx Skippy .....but this isn't the one , .. (exactly the same sample thought, but a totally different track) . This track I am looking for can be listen HERE (www.planet-tekno.com/dossiers/maxx/ram/revemaxx281291.ram) this "body, emotion, let ur body jerk" tune is the first track at the beginning of the 5th part (just brownse 4 times 'till the end of the Real cursor!) ...the track preceeding Sonic Solution (on the move) !

lastnightadj
24th May 2004, 05:38 PM
has anyone got a clip of the Tao tune im sure its the one

Qpchan
24th May 2004, 08:49 PM
Yes LASTNIGHT !! good idea...I couldn't find TAO anywhere on the Net .(not even listed on Discogs).......if someone's got a sample of it, it would be really cool !

lastnightadj
25th May 2004, 06:47 AM
heres the link to the htfr item (out of stock and no clip unfotunatly)

I haven't heard this since 1991 though so not deffo sure - just listening to your clip ...... maybe its the one????:confused: :confused: ???

Qpchan
25th May 2004, 08:21 PM
thank u 4 ur effort on this one Lastnight ..... I'll definitly be looking 4 this TAO track & will let u know if I find it ..... cheers everyone !

lastnightadj
21st June 2004, 06:50 AM
Tao on Ebay £1.99

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2259&item=4019713961

Qpchan
29th June 2004, 03:01 AM
thank u Lastnight !!! anyway, sold...but not even sure if it's the tune !? ....anyone , perhaps has a sample of it ....... TAO (love potion) is still not listed on Discogs :(