PDA

View Full Version : Danny Rampling 13 '92

Noel
13th May 2004, 03:54 PM
Anyone any ideas on a date 4 this? I'm thinkin August '92 ish.

1. ??? - "can i hear you say"
2. ??? - poss a mix of Todd Terry Project 'Put You Hands Together' or Asia Classics 'Magic Shag Carpet'
3. Odd Company 'Swing in Trance' (Effective Mix)
4. Rhythm On The Loose 'Rhythmology'
5. Bootleg: Hardcore Uproar - Cat No. HCORE10 "i am the creator, and this is my house"
6. Rio Rhythm Band 'Carnival De Casa'
7. Chase 'Music Is My Life' (Instrumental)
8. Mombassa 'Cry Freedom'
9. ??? - "get funky, get down" Raul Orellana samples\remix
10. Liberation 'Liberation'
11. Kelly G/Gyr 8 'Get Ready'
12. Brothers Love Dubs 'The Mighty Ming!'
13. Felix 'Don't You Want My Love' (Original)
14. Michael Jackson 'Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'' (Brothers In Rhythm House Mix)

14. Michael Jackson 'Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'' (Brothers In Rhythm House Mix)
15. Baby June 'Hey! What's Your Name'
16. C&C Music Factory 'Keep it Coming'
17. ??? - saxaphone tune
18. Gypsymen 'Daylite'
19. Funky Green Dogs 'Reach For Me'
20. Danube Dance 'Unique'
21. Djaimin 'Give You'
22. Unit 2 'Sunshine'
23. Lil' Louis & The World 'Saved My Life'

Apologies if someone has id'd #6 for me b4... I've got it on another set but can't remember where :axe:

Mister_DJ
13th May 2004, 06:22 PM
4 I'm 99.9% sure Mike Knowler dropped this at the last Hazydayz - its on my video I took. Don't know what its called, but wouldn't mind it meself. If noone gets it we'll get him in headlock next time he comes....;)

5 is 'that' bootleg, yes... All it says is Hardcore Uproar - Cat No. HCORE10

11 is Kelly G/Gyr 8 - Get Ready

Is this deffo Danny Rampling? Tracklist more like '92 Jeremy Healey...

Mart
:rolleyes:

pauly p
13th May 2004, 06:27 PM
track04 is the b-side of rhythm on the loose - break of dawn (think its called rhythmology)

pauly p
13th May 2004, 06:29 PM
Track06 is Rio rhythm band - Carnival de casa (hooj choons)

Mister_DJ
13th May 2004, 06:30 PM
track04 is the b-side of rhythm on the loose - break of dawn (think its called rhythmology)
Thats twice this week.... :$ I've got to listen to b-sides more often.

Mart
:rolleyes:

ab45
13th May 2004, 06:30 PM
Hi m8
Track 6 is Rio Rhythm Band - Carnival Di Casa - Hooj (edit-pauly beat me to it :P)
Also i have track 3 got a feelin its a Fabi paras number or one of the boys own crew - anyways ill find it:)

p.s. also looks like a Healy list to me also especially the Jacko track, he played that in every set for ages:)

Konspiracy
13th May 2004, 07:21 PM
23 - Lil Louis - Saved My Life

18 is by the Gypsymen I think...

pluto
14th May 2004, 03:03 AM
2 sounds very much like todd terry project - put your hands together......might be another mix to the one ive got....ive only got the album
3 is on this ep .....will have to find it though to see which track
http://www.discogs.com/release/224227

stu w
14th May 2004, 07:25 AM
Noel,

3 is "Odd Company - Swing in Trance - Effective Mix"

Stu.

wildpitch
14th May 2004, 08:54 AM
18 is Gypsymen - Stoppin Us I think. If this is rampling he did go right off the boil didn't he, doesn't look like the kind of set he's known for.

Roberto
14th May 2004, 01:04 PM
Track 2 I'm almost sure IS from one of the Todd Terry's Unreleased Project Vol 2.

Other than that, there is a track called ASIA CLASSICS "MAGIC SHAG CARPET" (US Warner Brothers 1992), on a "Aaatavu Chanda (Dancing is beautiful)" E.P., which is deeeeeee-litefully produced by DJ Dimitry of Dee-lite fame, and which draws from Tod Terry's track above, even IMPROVING ! on it.

State-of-the-art NYC style dance music!, the latter ! :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king:

Edinjapan
14th May 2004, 01:13 PM
Felix - I have the 12inch of this and have never heard that version - it must be a booty or he's mixing it live with something else?

Roberto
14th May 2004, 01:13 PM
Just a lil' minor precision:

Track 18 is Gypsymen "Daylite" (the other side of "Stoppin' us") :hubba: :hubba:

Noel
14th May 2004, 02:03 PM
If this is rampling he did go right off the boil didn't he, doesn't look like the kind of set he's known for.
Not your cuppa this then Froz? Healy or Rampling... I quite like it meself. :D

Re: #2 - I have the original of 'Put Your Hands Together' which is similar to my clip but doesn't have the female scat... so it could be a remix of that (there's a version on Unreleased Project Vol II) or the Dimitri Asia Classics tune that Roberto mentioned.

Re: #6 - I notice that this is HOOJ 001 which reminded me that it was someone else who'd had it id'd... that's why I couldn't find the bugger!

Re: Felix - He's not mixing with anything else unless he's on 3 decks, which i doubt. Much prefer this breakbeat version to the original.

Top effort everyone :king: thanx peeps :thumbsup:

Here's Johnny
14th May 2004, 05:10 PM
I'm sure the Felix mix is one of the Italian remixes - on the GFB Import - possibly the Pagany mix.

Can't find the bugger to check though.

Francis
14th May 2004, 06:13 PM
Track 14 - "Brothers in Rhythm Mix" of MJ - Wanna Be Startin Something

nathan
14th May 2004, 07:03 PM
ratpack used to play the breakbeat of felix and said IT ACTUALLY is the original mix. THINK THIS WAS ON DECONSTRUCTION BEFORE HOOJ perhaps it is on that release?

Noel
17th May 2004, 03:45 PM
Thanx chaps :thumbsup:

Think this is prob the orig of Felix then and the Hooj mix is the mix more commonly plyd...