PDA

View Full Version : Been after this one for a bit

Jonno
1st May 2002, 06:32 PM
Right rather than the shite descriptions I've given in the past I've managed to get a sample of my all time most wanted. It's from about 90-91 and I'd guess it's Italian. Any ideas much appreciated.

Ital1 (http://www.members.aol.com/jonnolad71/powerofone.mp3)

VinylAnimal
1st May 2002, 07:20 PM
Fukkin chooooon Jonno :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't know it though mate, sorry :(

Can't work out the pitch :confused: :confused: I reckon it would sound even better pitched up :D

Lol, gonna try it :thumbsup:

Jonno
1st May 2002, 07:59 PM
Cheers for having a listen VA.

I'd deffo go with the pitched up thing. It's off an unmixed tape which I'd guess has been recorded off a deck which didn't have pitch control.

Zoneraver
1st May 2002, 08:01 PM
The female vocal hehe

Its sound like the vocalist from a media records tune by Primax called "Sound the Alarm" its a sort of hi NRG handbag 1994/95 tune

The vocalist is a tranny called kimberley and he/she did a lot of dance tunes in the early 90's

I seem to remember somewhere that she/he also did the vocals for some of the candy girls tunes (EG Wham Bam) but i cant give a definate

Jonno if you wanna listen to the primax track ring me on my moby and ill let you listen

Ive PMed ya my moby mate

Alan

www.backtotheoldzone.co.uk

Jonno
1st May 2002, 08:40 PM
Cheers for that Alan, any clues much appreciated - I'll give you a bell tomorrow to have a listen if that's ok.

BRADDY
1st May 2002, 08:50 PM
hi m8,
just dug this one out , its called
B.MASTER.J - NO ONE CAN IT BETTER
its a pierre feroldi production and is on italian style.
hope that helps
BRADDY

Zoneraver
1st May 2002, 09:48 PM
I just cross refernced both kimberley and b master j and its says that the vocals to the tune are done by Kim?????

Probably the same tranny singer i reckon

Good ID Braddy :o)

Alanwww.backtotheoldzone.co.uk

Jonno
1st May 2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by BRADDY
hope that helpsJust a fuckin bit - Mate you're an absolute total fucking superstar. I've just ordered the bastard twice off 2 separate people to try to make sure I get it.

VinylAnimal
2nd May 2002, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Jonno
I've just ordered the bastard twice off 2 separate people to try to make sure I get it

Lololol, Jonno ya nutter - PMSL :D :D

Nice work Braddy mate :thumbsup: I hope to become a proud owner myself (if Jonno's left any copies, lolol)

Jonno
2nd May 2002, 08:35 AM
VA - if they both arrive I'll let you have the other one - with a Whatyadoinsucka style handling charge placed on it of course - j/k ;)

whatyadoinsucka
2nd May 2002, 12:30 PM
:ba: