PDA

View Full Version : Liver Bird Productions Presents - Sasha June 1994

psychosamba
5th May 2004, 06:19 PM
Would anyone be able to spot any of the Unknowns on this brilliant mix?
One of Sasha's best from this period.

Tracklist thus far and samples of the Unknowns are below:

Sasha - June 1994

Side 1

Unknown - Unknown
X-Press 2 - Rock 2 House (Lo-Pro Vocal Mix) (Junior Boy's Own)
Unknown - Unknown
Unknown - Unknown
Left Hand Down - Viva Dubs Pt 1 (Subwoofer)
Duke - New Beginning (Ramp Beginners Mix) (Virgin)
Boomshanka - Take My Love (Mother)
Taiko - Echo Drop (Consolidated)
Daydreemer - Beat About The Bush (Confusion)

Side 2

Daydreemer - Beat About The Bush (Confusion)
Unknown - Unknown ('Feel It')
Karmasutra - Night Walk (Night Walk Version) (Touche)
Warp Factor 1 - Care 4 Me (Holographic)
Janice Robertson - Children (Joe T. Vanelli House Club Mix) (Planet 4 Communications)
Kim English - Nite Life (Big Bump Mix) (Polydor)
Sound Crowd - Think About It Please (Red Records)
Cappella - Move On Baby (Ralf & Professor Mix) (Internal Dance)
Fishbone Beat - Feel It (Next Records)

Jules031272
11th May 2004, 08:53 PM
think first tune on side 1 is 4th measure men - For You....Jules and Skins mix....

psychosamba
11th May 2004, 09:10 PM
Nice one - can anyone else confirm this for definite??

brady
12th May 2004, 06:49 PM
ive just checked the 12"

ive got the jules & skins pumped up vocal mix & no vocal mix and it aint any of them, doesnt sound like em either

damn , a was getting a bit excited there for a min :(

Jules031272
12th May 2004, 08:35 PM
shit....i've definitely got or had that tune - i thought it was nightcrawlers...let me have a think about it....i had it on a mix i did myself in '93!

psychosamba
12th May 2004, 09:14 PM
Keep racking your brains Jules!!! While you're at it, can anyone else add anything to this tracklist from the samples given???...............

coops
12th May 2004, 11:03 PM
JANICE ROBINSON DEFO NOT THE COTTEN CLUB MIX :thumbsup:

lippiatte
13th May 2004, 02:39 AM
the janice robinson - chidren that you seek is the one on Dream Beat - Italy. catalog number: DB 006/94

They are Joe T. Vannelli mixes. i think that particular mix is the 'Totally Remix.'

ZENZEN
13th May 2004, 09:47 AM
Unknown - Unknown (Move my Move my)

Unless I'm hearing things this sounds like the singer from Cappella (Kelly Overett) and when I first played this sample I thought it was a remix of Move On Baby??? The lyrics sound a little familar....anybody else help me out on this??? :confused:

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/2488/cap9.jpg

psychosamba
13th May 2004, 06:35 PM
Nice one - I'll amend. It's just that i got a copy of Janice Robinson - Children with some Joe T. Vanelli mixes on it, and neither was the one I was looking for.
I'll take your word for it though............

brady
13th May 2004, 06:48 PM
Unless I'm hearing things this sounds like the singer from Cappella (Kelly Overett) and when I first played this sample I thought it was a remix of Move On Baby??? The lyrics sound a little familar....anybody else help me out on this??? :confused:

top top spotting fella, ive got the 12" aswell DOH :$

the track is - Cappella - Move on Baby (ralf & proffessor mix)

ive got a copy for sale--
Cappella ( Move On Baby ) inc ralf and proffessor mix 1994 INTERNAL DANCE near mint £5

ZENZEN
14th May 2004, 10:29 AM
top top spotting fella

Cheers mate!! :thumbsup:

psychosamba
16th May 2004, 03:47 PM
Bloody hell - nice one..... That's a tune.... I'll amend - keep em' coming..........

king coe
16th May 2004, 10:45 PM
any chance you can put the sample of cappella back on missed it :D

lippiatte
17th May 2004, 04:52 AM
Nice one - I'll amend. It's just that i got a copy of Janice Robinson - Children with some Joe T. Vanelli mixes on it, and neither was the one I was looking for.
I'll take your word for it though............

you definitely need the italian copy on dreambeat that i mentioned. i am 100% confident....i own the record.

king coe
17th May 2004, 07:40 AM
m i thought i had this on a p4 promo to ,have a look on your dreambeat copy mate ,whats the name of the mix on there? is it the double pack or the 12"?

psychosamba
27th May 2004, 09:12 PM
Anyone add anything to this tracklist..................?

lippiatte
27th May 2004, 09:45 PM
m i thought i had this on a p4 promo to ,have a look on your dreambeat copy mate ,whats the name of the mix on there? is it the double pack or the 12"?

i know that there is a Planet 4 copy of janice robinson with joe t. vanelli mixes, but it isn't the same as the italian dreambeat copy.
DB 006/94is catalog number....single 12"

unfortunately nobody has put it up on discogs...the name of that mis is 'Totally Remix'

king coe
30th May 2004, 12:01 PM
i know that there is a Planet 4 copy of janice robinson with joe t. vanelli mixes, but it isn't the same as the italian dreambeat copy.
DB 006/94is catalog number....single 12"

unfortunately nobody has put it up on discogs...the name of that mis is 'Totally Remix'

hold up there mate you said totally mix on this post and tribal mix on the other????

psychosamba
19th September 2004, 04:05 PM
Again - anyone spot the remaining tunes on this excellent Sasha mix??

psychosamba
13th November 2004, 06:19 AM
Gotta bump this one again too? Any help appreciated - the clips are all there!

psychosamba
13th November 2005, 12:45 AM
Bizarre, nearly 1 year ago to the day since I last posted......

Anyhow bought the correct mix of Janice Robinson the other day! :D :D

It is: Janice Robinson - 'Children' (Joe T. Vanelli House Club Mix) (Planet 4)

What an awesome tune it is too. Beautiful, timeless, emotional house - absolutely amazing.

Found out that the Left Hand Down track was released on Subwoofer records after an initial run on white label, and also got a copy of Warp Factor 1 - Care 4 Me (Is indeed the tune in question - early Lucien Foort effort - superb).......

Anyhow, been thinking about that 'Feel It' tune. Somebody must be able to identify it - it's a belter. Very distinctive for 1994 - still sounds pretty fresh.

Not giving up on this one. Anyone out there fancy a crack at the rest of these? Only a few left to identify!!
(Awesome mix BTW for anyone who hasn't heard it - can be found on Soulseek)

Cheers, and thanks to anyone who takes the time to listen to them. :thumbsup: