PDA

View Full Version : David Morales @ Hacienda 10th Birthday, May '92

Noel
5th May 2004, 01:30 PM
1. Mel'isa Morgan 'Still In Love With You' (MAW Hard Love Dub)
2. The Daou 'Surrender Yourself' (Ballroom Mix)
3. Solution 'Feels So Right'
4. DSk 'What Would We Do' (Eight Minutes Of Madness Mix)
5. Lidell Townsell & M.T.F. 'Get With U (All I Wanna Do)' (Morales Mix)
6. Lil Louis 'Club Lonely' (Not On The List Instrumental Mix)[/URL]
7. ??? - drum solo... end of above\start of below?
8. Tito Puente 'Ran Kan Kan' (MAW Dub)
9. Sabrina Johnston 'Peace' ..what mix? bout 11 mins long starts & ends with acca
10. Whycliffe 'Whatever It Is'

10. Whycliffe 'Whatever It Is'
11. Degrees of Motion 'Shine On' (Club Mix)
12. ??? - drums "don't go"
13. ??? - know this.. really bugging me!! scat
14. ???
15. Kathy Sledge 'Take Me Back To Love Again' (Shelter Me Mix)
16. Frankie Knuckles 'Workout'
17. Alison Limerick 'Where Love Lives'
18. Sounds of Blackness 'The Pressure'
19. Tito Puente 'Para Los Rumberos' ..prob 1 of the MAW Mixes (http://www.discogs.com/release/78907)
20. ??? - "i wish that you would come on home" "Won't you come on home to me"
21. Luther Vandross & Janet Jackson 'The Best Things In Life Are Free ' (Def Version)
22. 4th Measure Men '4 You' (Separate Minds Mix)
23. Urbanized 'Helpless (I Dont Know What I'd Do)'

skippy
5th May 2004, 01:39 PM
track8 - 'tito puente - ran kan kan (maw dub)'

http://www.discogs.com/release/23365

classic :)

marchwiel
5th May 2004, 01:57 PM
22 is MK isn't it?

I was at this night. can't remember a thing of it from these tunes. Don't know whether that is a good or bad sign :$

marchwiel
5th May 2004, 02:16 PM
22 is really doing my head in. Is it B1 on this? Nightcrawlers (http://www.discogs.com/release/24552)

ab45
5th May 2004, 03:09 PM
Hi M8
Track4 is DSK - What Would We Do (8 minutes of madness mix)-Boys Own
Track22 is 4th Measure Men - 4 You (Separate Minds Mix)/Just A Dream-Area10

Know i have a few other as per usual, brainfreeze:)

marchwiel
5th May 2004, 03:35 PM
Hi M8
Track22 is 4th Measure Men - 4 You (Separate Minds Mix)/Just A Dream-Area10

:)Knew it was something to do with Marc Kinchen. I could even see the blue vinyl just couldn't think what it was called.

ab45
5th May 2004, 03:42 PM
Also just to confirm track 2 is The Daou - Surrender Yourself , pretty sure its the Ballroom mix.

Regarding 4th Measure Men heres the version you are after
http://www.discogs.com/release/4876
Their is a red and Blue Vinyl versions of 4 YOU- mines red. Not sure about the mixes on the blue as i havent got it. Cheers for pointing this out Marchwiel , it could've caused confusion :)

Noel
5th May 2004, 03:46 PM
Thanx fellas :thumbsup:

22's deffo got the MK touch with those horns...

13's really doing my head in! :'( He doesn't play much more than is in my clip.. i'm sure it's part of\a dub of summat I know.. there's even a snippet of "i got a" vocal at the end.. i keep thinking jomanda or ce ce p but it prob aint them :confused: :'(

Konspiracy
5th May 2004, 04:24 PM
This night was such a letdown. It was the night Morales had a bottle whazzed at his head..

The clientele at that point really knew how to treat one of House Musics legends :rolleyes:

I'll try n find the Lil Louis 12, I think youre spot on there Noel

marchwiel
5th May 2004, 04:27 PM
This night was such a letdown. It was the night Morales had a bottle whazzed at his head..
Was that this night :o , god my memory is crap.:'(

wildpitch
5th May 2004, 04:44 PM
That Vandross thing is the Red Zone or Def Mix, I'm sure I've got it at home somewhere as the missus used to give it a battering. I'm sure you're right about Lil Louis as well, killer tune, you need the vocal and dub back to back. phones:

Noel
5th May 2004, 04:56 PM

I'm sure i read somewhere that some gangster pulled a gun on him in the dj booth that nite :naughty:

Re: 'Club Lonely' thought it stood a chance of being that mix given the "no guest list tonight" vocal bit.

Cheers Lads :thumbsup:

wildpitch
5th May 2004, 07:17 PM
Red Zone or Def Mix

tis the def version, from memory not really my thing at the time but just given it a flick through now and it's a fcukin tune aint it? :thumbsup:

Noel
6th May 2004, 10:35 AM
tis the def version, from memory not really my thing at the time but just given it a flick through now and it's a fcukin tune aint it? :thumbsup:

Aye it's not bad... he doesn't play that much of it, but i have a nice pickering set with more of it on :king:

Thanx Froz :thumbsup:

Roberto
12th May 2004, 10:25 PM
track 19 = Tito Puente "Para los Rumberos" (which mix I don't remember) :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican:

Noel
13th May 2004, 02:37 PM
track 19 = Tito Puente "Para los Rumberos" (which mix I don't remember) :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican:

Muchos gracias :thumbsup: :mexican: