PDA

View Full Version : hows it go then FRANCIS

whatyadoinsucka
25th April 2002, 10:08 PM
Thelma Houston - Throw You Down (Reprise) (3 Copies) (Sasha Classic that no1 knows )

ste huxley
25th April 2002, 10:14 PM
James it was one of my ID's a while ago and Francis ID'd it like a GOODUN!!!

heres the sample (http://www.btinternet.com/~burrnrates/sasha5downdowndown.mp3)

Francis
26th April 2002, 04:26 AM
I Can't believe none of you guys knew it, unless no1 bothered to listen to the sample. I just guessed it was rare cos no1 knew !!! And the tune after is Rebel MC - Da Wickedest Sound, followed by Young MC, Congress & K-Klass :) hehe Its the only Sasha tape i have i think, some class tunes on it !!! Does it have Laurent Garnier on the B Side ???

I Can't believe no1 told me about this site b4 now :( I feel right at home with you guys :)

Francis

ste huxley
26th April 2002, 11:27 AM
Yeah it does have Laurent on the Bside

Francis, heres one do you know the tune that Laurent starts with, its the one where he cuts up, 'In the beginning over it', its really floaty and stringy, now thats a tune!

Francis
26th April 2002, 03:44 PM
Yeah, Think its one of the mixes of Creative Thieves - Nasty Rhythm ???

It came out as 2 Vinyls as i remember, I think it was "Sasha's MFI Mix" but not sure ??? I'll dig it out & listen 4 ya :)

Absolutely top tape :) I Listened to it b4 i got to sleep this morning, cos i went out last night & drank 2 much Red Bull :( Didn't get to sleep till about 10:30 !!!

Anyways, i don't suppose you know the tune after Leftfield - Not Forgotten & Before Thelma Houston ??? I know and have got every other tune on that side, but this one eludes me :( Its the one that says "We're gonna have an Orgasm" and the MC is saying the same thing over and over again, over the top !!!

Cheers

Francis

Francis
26th April 2002, 03:57 PM
Just dug it out & it's definately that :)

Creative Thieves - Nasty Rhythm (Sasha's MFI Mix) Stress SSTR3

Francis

ste huxley
26th April 2002, 04:03 PM
Nice one Francis, I thought it was that considering the same samples etc. I've only got the other mix of it. Am gonna buy this one now, top top tunage

I cant remember the tape much to be honest mate, cos I havent listened to it for ages but if you up a sample someone will know it on here. I know the Orgasm bit your on about but cant remember the tune underneath.

VinylAnimal
29th April 2002, 04:45 PM
I've not heard the tape, but it could be Ursula Hybsch "Orgasm" (Unlimited Records).

There's an intro mix that was quite common (Welly used to use it for the build up to Nothing Is Forever, as last tune at Farnworth). It's a kind of a humming sound with a deep voice saying "Orgasm" (plenty of reverb). Ends with the voice saying "Create A Cosmic Orgasm".

Can rip if it would help :D :D

Welcome to the board BTW Francis mate, and fukkin massive respect for the Thelma Houston ID (thanks to you I'm a proud owner myself :thumbsup:)

Originally posted by Francis
I Can't believe no1 told me about this site b4 now :( I feel right at home with you guys :)

Hahahaha, that's what I thought when I came accross the site :drum:

BTW. This is gonna shock you mate (it did me :condom: ) but not all the tune anoraks in here are guys !!!!

:he she: :he she: :he she:

Francis
29th April 2002, 04:56 PM
The tune in Question (http://www.stormtronic.co.uk/newuploads/Francis/ToID/Tune-1.mp3)

Hope ya can id this for me :) Eluded me for years :(

Francis

VinylAnimal
29th April 2002, 06:14 PM
Lol, not the one I was on about (none of the mixes) :axe: :axe:

Still, one ruled out narrows it down init :$ :$

Shooms
29th April 2002, 06:26 PM
Francis mate - firstly my welcomes to the site - you found the right place for tunes & memories mucka :thumbsup:

I've listened to yr Orgasm snippet & soz I can't ID for you..... thought I could as I gotta tune @ home using same sample:

"We gonna have an orgasm that you'll never believe"

Will keep me ears open though bud.

m0u5e
1st May 2002, 01:43 AM
had a listen to tha sample ....sounds reminiscent of the orb..perhaps a lesser known mix of huge evergrowing .....in the mix i think too which will confuse things further
:phones:

m0u5e
1st May 2002, 11:30 AM
i jus discovered that mr vinyl animal has the complete orb back catalogue ...so im sure he would ave spotted it doh:S
what year is it from francis? 90?

Francis
1st May 2002, 12:51 PM
I think the tape is from is From 91, but im not sure.

Francis