PDA

View Full Version : Creator

djjbails
17th March 2004, 08:49 PM
I have this tune but is worped so bad i cant play it and i dont know what it is called. It has dreamscape written on it ?? and a cheesy hardcore tune on the b side. It is a "total record company production". Anyone help.

djjbails
17th March 2004, 08:58 PM
I have this tune but is worped so bad i cant play it and i dont know what it is called. It has dreamscape written on it ?? and a cheesy hardcore tune on the b side. It is a "total record company production". Anyone help.

dodgymix
17th March 2004, 09:32 PM
my most wanted..this one...

MY Mate used to have this and all it said was "the creator"

someone must know the name

it appeared on

http://www.dreamwater.org/bradyman/vertigo-lost.htm
track 15
DJ Vertigo 12 - Lost, October 1992 tape according to braddy.
personally I disagree I think its sasha...pimp@picasso's

1. C&C Music Factory - Keep It Coming (Music is my life)
2. Black Shark - Give it up "take it easy, hey bum bum bum"
3. Mombassa - Cry Freedom
4. Herbal Infusion - The Hunter (zoom recs by daly and barnes ie LEFTFIELD)
5. The Aloof - On A Mission (fabi paras mix) cowboy
6. High on Love - let the music hypontize (piano)
7. Datura - Yerba del diablo (trance records italy 1991) big tune
8. Disco Evangelists - De-Niro
9. ???
10. Dance 2 Trance - Hello San francisco (jam & spoon) echo piano riff
11. Krush - Walking on sunshine (trance mix) network
12. Dr Mouthquake - Love on Love (sasha dub)
13. Euphoria - Love you right (mushroom records) female vocal, piano
14. THK - France (warp) saturn mix
15. "I am the creator, and this is my house"(white label booty called "the creater")
16. Inner City - Praise
17. ??? inst
18. Together - The Click "come with me" sax, piano (scratching)
19. Espiral - Dunne

pauly p
17th March 2004, 09:33 PM
Don`t know what it`s called but there is a Sasha tape with this on that I need :P
The guy in the disc was trying to sing this tune to me the other day for an id too

pauly p
17th March 2004, 09:34 PM
my most wanted..this one...

MY Mate used to have this and all it said was "the creator"

someone must know the name

it appeared on

http://www.dreamwater.org/bradyman/vertigo-lost.htm
track 15
DJ Vertigo 12 - Lost, October 1992 tape according to braddy.
personally I disagree I think its sasha...pimp@picasso's

9. ???
15. "I am the creator, and this is my house"(white label booty called "the creater")
16. Inner City - Praise
17. ??? inst
19. Espiral - Dunne

Thats the very set! :P Anyone got a copy?

oldskooldazed (al)
17th March 2004, 09:40 PM
paul ive got m8

ill bang over when you on

al

:D :D :D

dodgymix
17th March 2004, 10:19 PM
sasha...pimp@picasso's

9. ???
16. Inner City - Praise
17. ??? inst
19. Espiral - Dunne

EVERYONE SAYS THIS IS BY VERTIGO BUT ITS GOT...TOGETHER "CLICK" ON IT (SAME VINYL AS STORMING HEAVEN)..SO IN MY VIEW IT MUST BE SASHA AS THIS WAS RELEASED LATER SO SASHA PROBABLY HAD THE PROMO..

DOES ANYONE AGREE ITS A SASHA MIX??? :confused:

pauly p
17th March 2004, 10:28 PM
EVERYONE SAYS THIS IS BY VERTIGO BUT ITS GOT...TOGETHER "CLICK" ON IT (SAME VINYL AS STORMING HEAVEN)..SO IN MY VIEW IT MUST BE SASHA AS THIS WAS RELEASED LATER SO SASHA PROBABLY HAD THE PROMO..

Gibby in the disc says its sasha and he`s the biggest sasha nut I know ;) apart from a bloke called Craig at brighouse (the tunes he had in his loft were amazing) :P

Mister_DJ
17th March 2004, 10:30 PM

No. I'm sure someone on here will have the original Lost to confirm either way, but Vertigo would easily have had access to tune pre-release as he worked at 3 Beat at the time.

Would it make such a massive difference tho if it were?

Mart
:rolleyes:

pauly p
17th March 2004, 10:36 PM
looking at the tracklisting it seems a bit of both hehe. Sasha would have never played ya yerba del diablo and dunno about vertigo playing the aloof :S

oldskooldazed (al)
17th March 2004, 10:40 PM
its never been sasha - 2 many vertigo signature tunes

ie
Euphoria - Love you right (mushroom records) female vocal, piano
THK - France (warp) saturn mix
high on hope - hypnotize

too pianoey - sasha sacked it for epic and progresisve stuff

alan

dodgymix
17th March 2004, 10:47 PM
looking at the tracklisting it seems a bit of both hehe. Sasha would have never played ya yerba del diablo and dunno about vertigo playing the aloof :S

i'm sure i've heard datura on another sasha mix...can't remember which one.....

pauly any idea of tracks 9 & 15 :confused:

pauly p
17th March 2004, 11:06 PM
pauly any idea of tracks 9 & 15 :confused:

havent heard it yet but looking forward to it :D

djjbails
18th March 2004, 12:27 AM
yes its defo sasha listing. Its sasha 12 to be precise, i have it on an original tape with his name on it.

dodgymix
18th March 2004, 07:47 AM
yes its defo sasha listing. Its sasha 12 to be precise, i have it on an original tape with his name on it.

cheers fella you've just confirmed a long running disagreement, sasha 12 (aka pimp@picasso's)

sasha did play some shit back in the day. ie euphoria "love me right" :mad:

Jules031272
18th March 2004, 07:49 AM
Bails..sorry old chap but youre wrong - it's Vertigo. "sasha's" 8-12 as sold in London were all Vertigo's - I bought them all thinking they were Sasha and they were my some of my favourite mixes ever... but the fact is that some arse pedelled Vertigo mixes as Sasha.... you should cross check some of the tracks that Sasha was playing at the time and you'll see. For one, you should check out "sasha" 11... happy house....whereas Sasha was playing moody prog at the time..

Mister_DJ
18th March 2004, 09:11 AM
cheers fella you've just confirmed a long running disagreement, sasha 12 (aka pimp@picasso's)

Sasha 12 confirms then its deffo Vertigo as Jules says.

Again, does it make a huge difference? E.g - if its not Sasha is it not held in the same esteem?

I see a few posts on Sasha V Vertigo - Vertigo was and still is a superb DJ imho.

Mart

oldskooldazed (al)
18th March 2004, 09:14 AM
couldnt agree more the only difference is vertigo broke down the set with a few as ya can call em cheesier tunes but strictly floorfillers - sasha played stuff the sdame in 92 but seem to be a lot of vocaley stuff less piano ie kym mazelle - rapination - robin s - show me love - ie vertigo - euphoria - love me right - hyper go go etc etc - thats the difference in the sets really sasha's were like a journey - vertigo was a tease

and dodgy sasha 12 is defo vertigo - plenty of posts about this

alan

:thumbsup:

pauly p
18th March 2004, 02:02 PM
I still want the mix cos aparently track 17 is one of my most wanteds :P

Jules031272
18th March 2004, 10:26 PM
Bails...look on the bright side - you've discovered that Vertigo is a top DJ and you'll want more of his mixes...that's nice eh?

djjbails
23rd March 2004, 11:25 PM
Well I dont mind being wrong, after all its not life or death. All I know is I have the tape with sasha 12 printed on it... I agree that some tunes are Vertigo style and some Sasha but I think the mixing style is defo sasha. For a start all the records are mixed in key or are within step-up step-down terms. If you dont know what I mean get a key board and key ya records up!! Only sasha at that time was doing this, hence "sasha is god". Vertigo to be fair isn't technically in sasha's league so i'll stick by my guns!!

Track 17 or 9 is "ten men dead - we kill love", well its missing from that list by " dodgymix" and its defo on the tape. Will dig it out and check.

Bails

DJ Positive
24th March 2004, 12:16 AM
I just put a post in the other section this afternoon about this tune, then I saw this.

I've had this for a while, the same Total Record Company one you have bails, mine has Dreamscape - Out Of Control handwritten on it

The Cat No is 12 HCORE 10

Hardcore Uproar - High On Hope has the cat 12 HCORE 01 - so I thought it might be a track they'd done.

When I got it some years back I was told there were hardly any about, so I've held on to it.

I would guess it is called Dreamscape - Creator, and the flip side Out Of Control.

May Ebay it in the near future, if anyone's interested.

HairyACIDHelmet
24th March 2004, 02:42 AM
Could be..http://www.discogs.com/release/81981 Or..http://www.discogs.com/release/99370 :hubba:

Jules031272
24th March 2004, 07:55 AM
Bails.... I had exactly the same tape and was convinced it was Sasha for many years until I started on this forum. Dont be so convinced.... Why dont you go and check out the difference between, say, "sasha" 12 and Sasha Chuff Chuff boat party, both from the end of 1992 but totally different tunes and styles. I can't imagine Sasha at that time playing Euphoria - Love you right for one...

Oh....and I know exactly what you mean by musical key - I used to arrange my records by musical key so :moonie: . In fact the musical key mixing on Sasha 12 isnt as good as on real Sasha mixes if you ask me...

Mister_DJ
24th March 2004, 10:28 AM
For a start all the records are mixed in key or are within step-up step-down terms. If you dont know what I mean get a key board and key ya records up!! Only sasha at that time was doing this, hence "sasha is god". Vertigo to be fair isn't technically in sasha's league so i'll stick by my guns!!

Yeah I always thought 'Better Days' and 'Candytime' were shit....:fekked:

DJ's have been aware of and mixing in key way before Sasha even contemplated 'House' as a possible alternative to pocketmoney.

Ron Hardy, Farley, Frankie Knuckles.... - don't get me started. ;)

This mix is deffo Vertigo.

Mart

Mister_DJ
24th March 2004, 10:32 AM
I just put a post in the other section this afternoon about this tune, then I saw this.

I've had this for a while, the same Total Record Company one you have bails, mine has Dreamscape - Out Of Control handwritten on it

The Cat No is 12 HCORE 10

Hardcore Uproar - High On Hope has the cat 12 HCORE 01 - so I thought it might be a track they'd done.

When I got it some years back I was told there were hardly any about, so I've held on to it.

I would guess it is called Dreamscape - Creator, and the flip side Out Of Control.

May Ebay it in the near future, if anyone's interested.
I have this. I got it off Gemm a few months back. Same Cat No as yours.

It does have 'Hardcore Uproar' written in marker pen on one side if that's any help (and the 'total record' stuff printed on the flip...)

Mart

marchwiel
24th March 2004, 10:34 AM
Yeah I always thought 'Better Days' and 'Candytime' were shit....:fekked:

DJ's have been aware of and mixing in key way before Sasha even contemplated 'House' as a possible alternative to pocketmoney.

Ron Hardy, Farley, Frankie Knuckles.... - don't get me started. ;)

This mix is deffo Vertigo.

Mart
:rolleyes:I have to say, I burnt my copies of these tapes when I found out they weren't Sasha :'( ;) .

Biskit
24th March 2004, 11:29 AM
http://www.discogs.com/release/99370 :hubba:

I agree wiv Hairy, the 'Creator' tune is 'Neon'

Mister_DJ
24th March 2004, 11:32 AM
I agree wiv Hairy, the 'Creator' tune is 'Neon'
Deffo is. Its that same one I posted a while back...

Mart

DJ Positive
24th March 2004, 10:15 PM
Alright lads

Now I'm totally totally confused

Are you saying that the Creator one that I have on record 12 HCORE 10 is actually a Belgian track by Neon?

I've got a fair bit of Belgian stuff - this one sounds so Uk produced to me, although could be wrong.

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Jules031272
25th March 2004, 07:11 AM
Better Days was shit!?? You burnt your tapes cos they werent Sasha??! What planet are you chaps from!?!?

Mister_DJ
25th March 2004, 09:09 AM
Better Days was shit!?? You burnt your tapes cos they werent Sasha??! What planet are you chaps from!?!?
Lol Jules.

I think our toungues were firmly in our cheeks fella...:P

:thumbsup: ;)

Mart

Mister_DJ
25th March 2004, 09:13 AM
Alright lads

Now I'm totally totally confused

Are you saying that the Creator one that I have on record 12 HCORE 10 is actually a Belgian track by Neon?

I've got a fair bit of Belgian stuff - this one sounds so Uk produced to me, although could be wrong.

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
When I asked for info on this a while back I was told it was a bootleg. The 'Creator' track being Neon and that piano/cheesy (imho) number on the flip being unknown.

I don't have Neon so I can't compare them so I can't help you any further chap, but I was deffo led to believe its a booty...

Mart

Jules031272
25th March 2004, 08:57 PM
Ya cheeky monkey Mart!

Yeah I agree with Mart here that it sounds UK produced..I thought we established it wasnt neon on a previous thread??

DJ Positive
26th March 2004, 05:40 PM
If this track is Belgian I will eat it

Discogs has the Neon one as a '93 release - course Discogs is user submitted so there's a chance it's wrong - this tape is from 91-92 looking at the tracks.

The Total Records one isn't a boot. Mine has 'Another Record Distributed By The Total Record Company & Promo Copy Not For Resale' on it. Also has a cat and the Porky's stamp indicating that it's not.

Most boots had all evidence of where they came from etched out.

Here's my best guess

Dreamscape - Creator / Out Of Control
Absolute Mayhem Records 12 HCORE 10
Possibly Promo Only
Possibly made by Hardcore Uproar

Anyone agree / disagree?

DJ Positive
26th March 2004, 05:46 PM
Photo of record and sleeve with track titles on (not my writing!) in attachment

Mister_DJ
26th March 2004, 06:13 PM
Thats exactly the same as my copy, just 'hardcore uproar' in felt pen written on the flipside.

Best thing to solve this fella is has anyone got a sample of Neon - 'The Creator' they can up??? I don't have the tune, but if anyone's got itcould they please up a snippet so we can put this to bed?

That way we can see if its the same track or not....

Mart

Biskit
26th March 2004, 07:50 PM
click me n read from beginning to end!! (http://www.pianoheaven.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16931&highlight=neon+creator) :)

Jules031272
27th March 2004, 10:54 AM
guy posting the last comment in above post (Biskits post) obviously got it completely wrong cos it hasnt got "I wanna be with you" in the tune at all....so it looks like it isnt Neon..

Shooms
5th July 2004, 01:33 PM
LOL now that I have safely got one ;) here the answer from the bloke that created it ;):

Cheers man...

Yeah, 'Creator' was by Dreamscape following the Hardcore Uproar thing. We
nicked the idea for the synth riff and rolls from a Todd Terry track of the
time - can't remenber the name of it now - we added the sample.

rgds
Chris

----- Original Message -----
To: "ChrisThompson"
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 10:00 AM
Subject: 12 HCORE 10

> Hi there Chris - firstly what a wicked tune High on Hope is ! Still gives
me a massive buzz when I hear it :o))
>
> Secondly trying to track down a tune that I only know from the above cat.
no. which seems to be similar to yours...
>
> Tune I am after sampled the vocal from Chuck Roberts/Fingers Inc "I am the
creator... & this is my house" with some HOOOOGE sledging drum rolls...
>
> Is it HU production ? Where can I get hold of a copy ;o)
>
> Hope you can help me fella !!
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mark.
>
> www.oldskoolanthemz.co.uk
>
> Thanks

DJ Positive
5th July 2004, 04:44 PM