PDA

View Full Version : piano rave tune/shelleys video questions

nathanjay
13th February 2004, 12:40 AM
hi

taped this off the radio in greece, lost the tape but remembered it well enough to remake a mini version.

Its missing the vocal which sounded like a sped up pet shop boys vocal (but it isnt) singing:

I wanna get ..higher...
I wanna get ..higher higher

(sounds a bit like baby d let me be your fantasy - but its deffo not)

PS on another subject does anyone have any Shelleys videos? Met some peeps at a kinetic who said they recognised me from the vid on stage, so ive lways wanted to see it!

Biskit
13th February 2004, 12:51 AM
Does sound like Baby D, but it aint, cant help you there Nath :(

BTW welcome to the board m8 :thumbsup:

oldskooldazed (al)
13th February 2004, 12:54 AM
nath

check this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4356&item=3385525216

this was the releaed shelleys vid looks like this bloke is knockin of copies

that tune rings a bell

al

:)

nathanjay
16th February 2004, 11:20 PM
AAaaagh some f***er out bid me 50 seconds before the end of the auction!

Im so gutted, i've been after this video for years.

If the person who bought it is reading this, your a ...

actually, if you're reading this, i'll give you a fiver for a copy... that way we can say we went halves on it... what dyou reckon?

thanks

nathan

**4 typos corrected**

oldskooldazed (al)
16th February 2004, 11:31 PM
AAaaagh som e f***er out bid me 50 seconds before the ned of the auction!

Im so gutted, ive been after this video for years.

If the person who bought it is reading this, your a ...

actually, if you're reading this, i'll give you a fiver for a copy... that way we can we we went halves on it... what dyou reckon?

thanks

nathan

nath got a feeling hes gonna be knockin a few of these out cause that defo aint the original cover m8 - think thats it copied

al

Mister_DJ
17th February 2004, 10:31 AM
nath got a feeling hes gonna be knockin a few of these out cause that defo aint the original cover m8 - think thats it copied

al
It better not be a copy - he said 'original' in his text...:@

By the way NathanJay that 'f**ker', as you so politely state, was me.

I found that listing independently of this thread so I'm sorry I didn't realise it was you or that Al had pointed it out- had I seen it was on this thread then I would have left it alone, sorry.

Mart
:rolleyes:

nathanjay
17th February 2004, 02:17 PM
Mart you won it fair & square - I had no 'bagsie' on it! - however you can understand how gutted I was after searching for this video for 11+ years and to lose it with 50 seconds to go!

I tried to send you a message on ebay to see if you wanted to sell a copy (if you have the means to copy it)... (I still have my Central News report on vhs when they had a 1 minute feature of walking past the bouncers, paying the lady and going through into the crowd - classic!)

Mister_DJ
17th February 2004, 02:44 PM
Mart you won it fair & square - I had no 'bagsie' on it! - however you can understand how gutted I was after searching for this video for 11+ years and to lose it with 50 seconds to go!

Deffo can understand - which is why I apologise. I know EXACTLY how it feels to be out bid in the dying seconds for sommat you've waited for ages for its happened to me loads, so if I knew it was a genuine bidder off here I would have left it, no questions - so again, sorry.

I wanted it to play at our club night (hazydayz) as we have a projector next to the stage that has been showing old skool rave stuff (cheers again Chris B & Bin-Bag...;) ) and I thought a Shelly's vid would be cracking. If I can get it copied, and the seller doesn't have any more, then we'll sort something out, no worries.

Mart

Shooms
17th February 2004, 03:32 PM
Mart - I just emailed the seller to see if he had any other copies (coz I'm gagging to get me hands on one) - he replied saying it was the only one as it was an original... :D

So.... if you get round to ripping to VCD/DVD/MPEG give us a shout coz I would be WELL up for a copy ;) :D

Konspiracy
17th February 2004, 03:52 PM
lol Me too :wave:

Swap yer for a copy of that DVD Warehouse thing that our kid has been sorting out for the last 3 months :$ Apparantly theyre done now just gotta go and pick em up

I'll bring em along to the next hazydays thing

oldskooldazed (al)
17th February 2004, 05:09 PM
this is the original video

:)

nathanjay
17th February 2004, 10:19 PM
if i ever get hold of this, i will convert it to mpg and share it... its just too dammed rare - shelleys memorabillia just seems too scarce.

If only that gardner bloke who ran it would have set up membership... i wonder how that would have affected the music scene.

Oh well....

nathanjay
23rd February 2004, 10:14 PM
mart, did you get the video? how was it?

Myk
24th February 2004, 12:46 AM
Few points to make here.

1. I'm also mad for a copy and will pay handsomely if anyone can direct me to a copy. Which if I acquire I would be happy to convert to DVD and share freely.
2. I notice on the original cover it says Part 1 so is there a Part 2, 3, 4....??
3. To Konspiracy what is this DVD Warehouse thing u mentioned ?
4. At times I am truely gutted to no longer be in Manchester where I had good contacts and easy access to this kinda thing. You have no idea how hard it is to get DVD's, Vinyl, CD's etc over here not to mention most sellers on EBay won't even ship to here even if I happily offer to pay for full insured shipping. :'(

Mister_DJ
24th February 2004, 08:11 AM
mart, did you get the video? how was it?
Not yet fella - bit slow delivery.

Will let u know as soon as it gets here.

Mart
:ba:

Konspiracy
24th February 2004, 09:46 AM
3. To Konspiracy what is this DVD Warehouse thing u mentioned ?

PM'd you Myk :thumbsup:

nathanjay
8th May 2004, 10:31 AM
Mart,
Did you get the video? Any good? Whats the chances of a copy please?!

Any one else got/seen a copy of this video?

Mister_DJ
8th May 2004, 03:08 PM
M8 - I can't copy stuff as yet. Still missing a lead. Unfortunately turning our spare room (my old hideaway....:'( ) into a nursery has taken priority these last few weeks. I'll get onto it again this week....

:wave:

Mart

nathanjay
18th May 2004, 07:53 PM
How was the video anyway? any good? go on for long?

Cheers

Nathjay

Mister_DJ
18th May 2004, 10:41 PM
Yeah, its ok - bit late for me, more hardcore like although theres a few piano tunes on there like JJ Tribute etc.

The PA's are good. Altern 8 etc.

I just like looking at the mad fecked people dancing....:fekked: :fekked:

Mart

nathanjay
18th July 2004, 06:40 PM
if theres one on stage with a flurescent jacket and shorts on, possibly dancing with two cigarettes as glow sticks, and posibly with an Altern 8 mask on, then thats me.

Oh the shame