PDA

View Full Version : More Sunrise '89 Vol.1

Noel
11th November 2003, 04:59 PM
Need some more from this set....

1. Rocky Jones 'Choice of a New Generation'
2. Dynamic Duo 'In The Pocket' (Hip House Dub)
3. Doug Lazy 'Let it Roll'
4. Dynamic Duo 'We're Back'
5. Thibeaux 'Celebration' (Garage Mix)
6. Visage 'Pleasure Boys' ('89 Dance Mix)
7. Loleatta Holloway 'So Sweet'
8. William S 'I'll Never Let U Go'
9. Jamie Principle & Frankie Knuckles 'Your Love'
10. Finchley Road 'Gimme The Music' (Gimme the Acid Dub Mix)

11. Cry Sisco 'Afrodizziact' Live PA
12. Finchley Road 'Gimme The Music' (Gimme the Acid Dub Mix)
13. Dream III 'Feel'
14. De-Lite 'Wild Times'
15. De-Lite 'Wild Times' (Mayday Mix)
16. Frankie Knuckles & Satoshi Tomie 'Tears' (Classic Remix Dub)
17. Funk Deluxe 'I Surrender'
18. R-Tyme 'R-Theme'

19. Raven Maize 'Together Forever' (Freedom Mix?)
20. Nocera 'Summertime Summertime' (House Remix)
21. Todd Terry 'Circus'
22. Talking Heads 'I-Zimbra'
23. Richie Rich 'Salsa House'

Noel
11th November 2003, 05:00 PM
another...

Noel
11th November 2003, 05:01 PM
and another...

Noel
11th November 2003, 05:01 PM
great track this....

Noel
11th November 2003, 05:02 PM
samples Exodus'Together Forever' .....

Noel
11th November 2003, 05:03 PM
??????

Noel
11th November 2003, 05:04 PM
this ones bugging me, classic disco i think. sound a bit like the Originals?

wildpitch
11th November 2003, 05:07 PM
16 - Frankie Knuckles / Satoshi Tomie - Tears
19 - Raven Maize - Together Forever
21 - Todd Terry - Can't remember the title, it's on the album with Weekend / Bango etc.

doolz
11th November 2003, 05:11 PM
13 is the one of the sunrise vid peeps want isnt it
damn some one get this fucker please

Konspiracy
11th November 2003, 05:18 PM
Can I be really cheeky and blag mp3s of these sunrise sets, the tracklistings are the d's b's:D :D :D :D :$

Shooms
11th November 2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Konspiracy
Can I be really cheeky and blag mp3s of these sunrise sets, the tracklistings are the d's b's:D :D :D :D :$

Neil - consider it done fella ;) PM me ya addy :thumbsup:

Shooms
11th November 2003, 05:21 PM
Actually.... lol....

Can someone sort me out the full mix of this set as I've only got the beginning 20 mins offa everythingbeginswithane...

I have got the original tapes of the other 2 sets & have already ripped em to mp3.....

doolz
11th November 2003, 05:24 PM
aye id love to hear this i had teh other 2 of shooms an age back

Konspiracy
11th November 2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Shoomster
Neil - consider it done fella ;) PM me ya addy :thumbsup:

Cheers, youre a gent:thumbsup:

Noel
11th November 2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by wildpitch
16 - Frankie Knuckles / Satoshi Tomie - Tears
19 - Raven Maize - Together Forever
21 - Todd Terry - Can't remember the title, it's on the album with Weekend / Bango etc.

Is it a remix of tears then? i thought it was just a bit of the vocal being played over the top.

What mix of raven maize is that? not the same as one i've got.

wildpitch
11th November 2003, 05:39 PM
Pretty sure it's the remix of Tears in the white sleeve, might be the dub on the B side. The Raven Maize mix is on the Quark import. I'll confirm both when I get home.

Noel
11th November 2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by doolz
aye id love to hear this i had teh other 2 of shooms an age back

I've got this (& vol.2) remastered to best quality i can get it (tapes i got were a bit ropey) on mp3. You can get it off me on slsk if u want it. I'm after Vol.3 myself....

side 1
1. Bang the Party 'Bang Bang Your Mine'
2. Richie Havens 'Going Back to My Roots'
3. Jungle Crew ft Jungle Jorge 'Elektric Dance'
4. Lil Louis 'French Kiss with Doug Lazy acca
5. Black Box 'Ride on Time'
7. ???
8. Nicole 'Rock the House'
9. ???
10. ???
11. Fast Eddie and Sundance 'Git on Up'

side2
1. Fast Eddie and Sundance 'Git on Up'
2. Tyree 'Acid Over'
3. ???
4. Adonis 'No Way Back'
5. Looney Tunes 'Just As Long As I've Got You'
6. ???
7. Young MC 'Know How' (Inst.)
8. Young MC 'Bust A Move' (Inst.)
9. Reese & Santonio 'Bounce Your Body to the Box'
10. ???
11. Sydney Youngblood 'If Only I Could'
12. Booker T & The MG's 'Melting Pot'

can anyone sort me this?

wildpitch
11th November 2003, 05:45 PM
So who's got the sets? Anyone have them ripped to MP3? I'd love some if someone has them.

HairyACIDHelmet
11th November 2003, 05:46 PM
Tears one is the "wicked mix" and No 10 is Finchley Road "Gimme The Music"gimme the acid dub mix:fekked: :fekked: :fekked:

Noel
11th November 2003, 05:46 PM
Pretty sure it's the remix of Tears in the white sleeve, might be the dub on the B side. The Raven Maize mix is on the Quark import. I'll confirm both when I get home.

Cheers.:D

wildpitch
11th November 2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Noel
I've got this (& vol.2) remastered to best quality i can get it (tapes i got were a bit ropey) on mp3. You can get it off me on slsk if u want it. I'm after Vol.3 myself....

Doh.. Do you know what to do with an FTP Noel? If I set you up with an acc. could you send them my way please?

doolz
11th November 2003, 05:55 PM
noel didnt knwo u were on slsk my nicks doolz on ther and im allways in oldskool 88 to 94 room
whats ya nick

Noel
11th November 2003, 05:56 PM
Doh.. Do you know what to do with an FTP Noel? If I set you up with an acc. could you send them my way please?

try & sort summat out 2moro, bout to finish work u see!

Can you not use soulseek?

Noel
11th November 2003, 05:58 PM
noel didnt knwo u were on slsk my nicks doolz on ther and im allways in oldskool 88 to 94 room
whats ya nick

It's ClassicTrax

I'll try and get on there 2moro as i'm offski in a mo.....:D

HairyACIDHelmet
Cheers.:D Pleasure :rotate: :roll:

Noel
Originally posted by HairyACIDHelmet
Tears one is the "wicked mix" and No 10 is Finchley Road "Gimme The Music"gimme the acid dub mix:fekked: :fekked: :fekked:

Thanx again Hairy.:D

HairyACIDHelmet
11th November 2003, 06:01 PM
So who's got the sets? Anyone have them ripped to MP3? I'd love some if someone has them. Got mine from http://www.geocities.com/oldskooltapezandvids/ No Problem Noel

wildpitch
11th November 2003, 08:56 PM
I don't want to buy any tapes Hairy. If someone has them ripped that'll do me fine.

The Tears version is the Classic Remix Dub.

Raven Maize - Freedom Mix (I think)

chris.b
11th November 2003, 09:06 PM
13 is the one of the sunrise vid peeps want isnt it
damn some one get this fucker please

feck me .... someone please get this muther nailed...:D :D , doolz, that sounds like a different mix to whats on the vid.... or am i tripping again?:axe: :axe: :axe:

chris.b
11th November 2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Shoomster
Actually.... lol....

Can someone sort me out the full mix of this set as I've only got the beginning 20 mins offa everythingbeginswithane...

I have got the original tapes of the other 2 sets & have already ripped em to mp3.....

could i be cheeky n ask 4 a copy as well?:p :p , pleasey weasey, ive only got the bit off everything starts with e as well:'( :'( :'( :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

HairyACIDHelmet
11th November 2003, 09:35 PM
I don't want to buy any tapes Hairy. If someone has them ripped that'll do me fine.

The Tears version is the Classic Remix Dub.

Raven Maize - Freedom Mix (I think) Ok mate,i've only got em on tape..sry

wildpitch
12th November 2003, 01:39 PM
No problem Hairy, I've a whole heap of tapes that need ripping, so I really don't want to add to them. :)

Can you not use soulseek?

I tried it ages ago, getting on for a couple of years now I reckon. It was well flakey then though so I gave up with it. Just tried their website and the first that hits me is Gator spyware trying to install itself on my machine..:@

Be much appreciated if you could send them to my FTP, if not no bother. LMK and I'll sort you an account.

Noel
12th November 2003, 01:42 PM
No problem Hairy, I've a whole heap of tapes that need ripping, so I really don't want to add to them. :)

I tried it ages ago, getting on for a couple of years now I reckon. It was well flakey then though so I gave up with it. Just tried their website and the first that hits me is Gator spyware trying to install itself on my machine..:@

Be much appreciated if you could send them to my FTP, if not no bother. LMK and I'll sort you an account.

PM me the deets & i'l have a go then....

doolz
12th November 2003, 02:39 PM
wildpitch
thers a skank slsk site which is the one u went on

try this deffo no spyware old bean
http://slsk.blogspot.com/

Noel
12th November 2003, 02:59 PM

is it 1 of these....

1. Bango (To The Batmobile)
2. Weekend
3. You're The One (You Bad)
4. It's Just Inhuman
5. Back To The Beat
6. Just Wanna Dance
7. Made By The Man
8. Circus
9. Sense
10. Weekend Club
11. Just Wanna Dance (Club)
12. Bango (Club Bang)
13. Back To The Beat
14. Weekend (Retouched)
15. Bango (Bonus Bang)
16. Just Wanna Dance (Radio)
17. Weekend (Radio Version)

wildpitch
12th November 2003, 03:09 PM
Pretty sure it could be Circus, as the bit you posted has got a whiff of Disco Circus in it. I'll check tonight if I remember.

Thanks Doolz, I'll give that a go.

doolz
12th November 2003, 06:31 PM
u were spot on wp m8 its
todd terry the circus
from the to the batmobile lets go album

wildpitch
12th November 2003, 07:27 PM
@doolz - Sorry for being a dweeb, I've grabbed the Soulseek exe and got it installed, how do I find Noel / ClassicTrax now I've got it fired up?

doolz
12th November 2003, 08:04 PM
wp m8 his nickname is Classic Trax u can add him to ya user list on the righthand side
jus right click and add name
u find the rest in the oldskool 88 to 94 room
im in ther at mo
and the nick name is doolz

to find the room use the list on the lower left side of the slsk widow jus scroll down til ya find us or sort by name and do it that way
whats ya nick on there is it wild pitch

HairyACIDHelmet
13th November 2003, 03:04 PM
PM me the deets & i'l have a go then.... Sorry Dude i aint got a danny!!!Aint really got to grips with this site!:$

wildpitch
13th November 2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by HairyACIDHelmet
Sorry Dude i aint got a danny!!!Aint really got to grips with this site!:$

Like it mate. Is that as in La Rue - Clue? That's a new one for me.

I think Noel was talking about getting the files to me Hairy.

doolz
13th November 2003, 03:18 PM
hahah it sure is danny la rue - clue

HairyACIDHelmet
13th November 2003, 03:21 PM
hahah it sure is danny la rue - clue COOL,LMAO

chris.b
14th November 2003, 09:48 AM
another...

track 13

soz again peeps,;) i had to bump this one up :heart: :luv: :heart: lolol i had a dream the other nite someone was gona id this :$ :$ :$

btw, doolz this sounds like a different mix from the vid?

doolz
14th November 2003, 10:01 AM
yep chris i sgree it does sound like a diff mix

still a corker tho

someone get this fecker pleaseeeeeee

Mister_DJ
13th December 2003, 03:23 PM
Need some more from this set....

5. Thibeaux 'Celebration' (Garage Mix?)

I've been listening to this today and I'm convinced its the Garage Mix and the DJ is playing 2 copies.

Its the only mix I can find that sounds anything like this version played here and I reckon the DJ just replays the same part of the tune he's just played with a 2nd copy after the vocal breakdown of his first.

Mart
:rolleyes:

Mister_DJ
20th February 2004, 05:27 PM
17 is Funk Deluxe - 'I Surrender' on Tam Tam

Spotted by Placid - cheers!

Another one nailed....:thumbsup:

Mart

Noel
20th February 2004, 05:37 PM
17 is Funk Deluxe - 'I Surrender' on Tam Tam

Spotted by Placid - cheers!

Another one nailed....:thumbsup:

Mart

Superb stuff placid :thumbsup: :D

I've updated the listing at the start of the thread.... just #22 to get.. classic disco..can u up samples in the deep house pages forums? som1 will deffo kno it on there. sure i used to kno what it was meself!

Mister_DJ
21st February 2004, 07:08 PM
I've updated the listing at the start of the thread.... just #22 to get.. classic disco..can u up samples in the deep house pages forums? som1 will deffo kno it on there. sure i used to kno what it was meself!
Done so, and on discogs - no joy yet tho...:'(

That Visage track - is it deffo an '89 dance mix or is it the Dance Mix form the '82 release - its the only one I can seem to find....:confused:

Also, I've managed to lay me hands on the originals of these 3 little beauties. (Been on cloud 9 all week!!!!)

Vol 2 as we have it listed is actually Vol 3 and vice versa (just in case ur anal like me..!) The sound quality is fecking ace in comparison - well crisp and there's a (very) slightly bit more of the beginning of the Cry Cisco P.A. Give me shout if u want them copied.

Mart

HairyACIDHelmet
21st February 2004, 07:37 PM
Done so, and on discogs - no joy yet tho...:'(

That Visage track - is it deffo an '89 dance mix or is it the Dance Mix form the '82 release - its the only one I can seem to find....:confused:

There ya go Mart http://www.htfr.com/more-info/?catno=MR46078 it's gone down in price aswell!If ya rip them vol can ya give me a shout on slsk please m8 cos my tapes are sh*t quality?

Mister_DJ
21st February 2004, 07:43 PM
Cheers Hairy! Hmmmm, HTFR are not my fave desitination for tunes. I may hold out, but cheers for confirming it isn't the '82 version....!

I'll give u a nod in the week re: the other thing.

Mart

HairyACIDHelmet
21st February 2004, 07:46 PM
Cheers Hairy! Hmmmm, HTFR are not my fave desitination for tunes. I may hold out, but cheers for confirming it isn't the '82 version....!

I'll give u a nod in the week re: the other thing.

Mart
LMFAO i know what ya meen Mart,they've still got £12 of mine from about 3 years ago :naughty: Cheers on the other thing m8...

HairyACIDHelmet
21st February 2004, 07:48 PM
it's gone down in price aswell!
It was £25 - £30!!!

Mister_DJ
24th February 2004, 08:35 AM
Noel, someone on discogs has mentioned this could be a disco version of I-Zimbra by Talking Heads. His exact words in an email to me are... 'i-zimbra - original', which made me remember u had said 'originals'.

Must admit now it does sound like a lot like Talking Heads.

Is this ringing any bells with u??/anyone else????

Mart

lastnightadj
24th February 2004, 09:18 AM
I don't think its I Zimbra - heres a clip below

http://www.musicplantrecords.com/dhp/original18.rm

Mister_DJ
24th February 2004, 09:55 AM

Hmm, that sounds just like it to me - maybe I'm wrong , but is this not just it at the original speed? Is the DJ not just playing this tune but pitching it right up?

:confused:

Mart
:crazy:

Noel
24th February 2004, 09:58 AM

yeah that's deffo it! just pitched up a bit...

Nice 1 mart... :king:

Mister_DJ
24th February 2004, 10:01 AM
Nice 1 mart... :king:Can't take the credit for this one - Big shout to Rafael on Discogs - he nailed it!!

Complete tracklist now - superb!

:thumbsup:

Mart

Noel
24th February 2004, 10:16 AM
Don't ya just love it when u nail a tracklist 4 a set as good as this! :heart: cheers Rafael

Also, I've managed to lay me hands on the originals of these 3 little beauties. (Been on cloud 9 all week!!!!)

Vol 2 as we have it listed is actually Vol 3 and vice versa (just in case ur anal like me..!) The sound quality is fecking ace in comparison - well crisp and there's a (very) slightly bit more of the beginning of the Cry Cisco P.A. Give me shout if u want them copied.

If you're ripping them... i would mind a better copy of this 1 as mine is average quality (the other 2 are quite good tho).

Being anal like yourself..... Does it say who's DJing on them? I've got Paul Anderson down 4 Vol 2 (1st track Dionne) & Carl Cox down 4 Vol 3 (1st track Bang the Party)...do i need to swap the Vol numbers?

doolz
24th February 2004, 10:22 AM
awww would love better rips of these tapes ;let us know lads if it gets sorted

lastnightadj
24th February 2004, 01:33 PM
lol - i listened to the wrong clip and posted the correct one :$

i got the clip from the re-edit competition page off DHP - some good edits on there

http://www.musicplantrecords.com/dhp/index.html

Mister_DJ
24th February 2004, 02:20 PM
Noel, its a bit confusing - I think they must have been still off their heads.

The cover picture deffo has clips from that video doing the rounds as Doug Lazy's PA is featured. It also says...

This music on this tape is happy house and garage. These are high quality, digitally mastered live cassette recordings of D.J.'s from each Sunrise event including:

Carl Cox, Judge Jules, Paul Trouble Anderson, Fabio, Grooverider, Eddie Richards, Trevor Fung...plus many many more

There's a few paragraph's of 'history' about 1988 etc. inside and then sommat about the tape being a compilation of the very best of Sunrise, culiminating in the 15,000 people Sunrise/Midsummer Nights Dream party. But that can't be Vol 1 for deffo as Anton introducing the PA says there's video available of that party...???!!!

Then at the bottom it says that they 'contain moments such as Carl Cox faced with 2 decks and a spare deck decides on the spur of the moment to use all 3 decks at once for the first time', so I guess he's the DJ at the start of Vol 2 as that mix with French Kiss & Doug Lazy uses 3 decks for sure.

On the tapes themselves is just printed 'Sunrise Vol (X) - Back To The Future Festival August 89', which is the do at Longwick I understand.

So its not very clear who it is on each tape or where they were recorded, although Back To the Future is a mighty strong contender.

Re: rips - I'm working on them for Hairy, I'll give u all a nod when they're ready.

Mart

Dj_bones
24th February 2004, 11:06 PM
Hi ya peeps
Track 13 is the track off the sunrise video & was id`d by someone on here a couple of weeks back check the other post to see who,the track that we`ve all been wanting to know for age`s is "Feel - by Dream III" & i downloaded it off the person who id`d it on soulseek so if you want a copy let me know ;)

Dj bones

Noel
25th February 2004, 11:57 AM
Mart, I think these guys are deffo f* cked out there faces! talk about confusing things! :S The way i see it vol 1 has gotta be longwick 4 the reason u say above & coz the Cry Cisco PA is on it. Had a look at the flyers on the evthing starts history page & Carl Cox wasn't at the 2 previos do's & he's deffo DJing on Vol 2 (the French Kiss & Doug Lazy was a trademark mix of his) so that's gotta be longwick too. Vol 3 i've got down as Paul Trouble Anderson & the tunes seem more Aug than May or June '89... Tapes all say BTTF Aug '89 on them, just think the cover confuses things!

Any chance of a scan of the cover?

Yeah bones that track is on this set aswell...I've already updated the Listing at the start of the thread :D

Mister_DJ
25th February 2004, 12:30 PM
Tapes all say BTTF Aug '89 on them

And BTTF was a promoter as well, not the actual do itself - lol, it also says in the cover that 'no dj names were on their flyers EVER'....

I think ur right, safe to assume they are all from the Longwick do.

Will scan the cover when I get five

Mart

Noel
25th February 2004, 01:26 PM
Cheers :thumbsup:

LOL... "no dj names were on their flyers EVER" eh......

ab45
25th February 2004, 04:38 PM
Hi guys
There were parties called back to the future:)
Back to the future was an off-shoot of Sunrise. Im sure it was Tony Colsten Hayter + Jeremy Taylor behind it all. They used to have a shop in (if i remember) Islington?

Also if i remember @ Midsummers Dream they had The Erotic Dissadents/New beat Generation live.(ish- lol) Never actually seen tapes or footage from that night:( (It was the famous 'Ecstasy Airport' rave) would love to get some:) as i did one too many Microdots that night:D

HairyACIDHelmet
25th February 2004, 10:03 PM
Hi guys
There were parties called back to the future:)
Back to the future was an off-shoot of Sunrise. Im sure it was Tony Colsten Hayter + Jeremy Taylor behind it all. They used to have a shop in (if i remember) Islington?

Also if i remember @ Midsummers Dream they had The Erotic Dissadents/New beat Generation live.(ish- lol) Never actually seen tapes or footage from that night:( (It was the famous 'Ecstasy Airport' rave) would love to get some:) as i did one too many Microdots that night:D
I dont remember any live stuff at mid summers night cept for some fit bird giving it some on top of the scaffolding where the dj booth was to french kiss :P Superb night :|

Mister_DJ
25th February 2004, 11:32 PM
Lol - Hairy on the front page of the current bun....'Spaced Out'.

AB45 - There is a vid of MND surely as its mentioned on Vol 1 of these tapes - someone somewhere must still have a copy.

Mart
:hubba:

ab45
26th February 2004, 01:06 AM
lol
Maybe i was more bolloxed than i remember :)
Are you on about the birds in suspenders with the big colored dude, they were dancing to 'Suck the beat' They were announced as New beat generation and the erotic dissadents:)
Stunning p.a. lol!!

Top night indeed and would gladly fork out for the vid or tapes if i ever come across em, thanx for letting me know they existed.I really needed yet another thing to hunt!! lol;)

HairyACIDHelmet
26th February 2004, 03:29 PM
Lol - Hairy on the front page of the current bun....'Spaced Out'.

AB45 - There is a vid of MND surely as its mentioned on Vol 1 of these tapes - someone somewhere must still have a copy.

Mart
:hubba:
Best night i ever went to :fekked:

lol
Maybe i was more bolloxed than i remember :)
Are you on about the birds in suspenders with the big colored dude, they were dancing to 'Suck the beat' They were announced as New beat generation and the erotic dissadents:)
Stunning p.a. lol!!

Top night indeed and would gladly fork out for the vid or tapes if i ever come across em, thanx for letting me know they existed.I really needed yet another thing to hunt!! lol;)
LOL there is a video of this night :thumbsup: i really dont remember any live NewBeat just that bird in cut down jean shorts :P

doolz
27th February 2004, 07:05 PM
Can't take the credit for this one - Big shout to Rafael on Discogs - he nailed it!!

Complete tracklist now - superb!

:thumbsup:

Mart

its not complete is it
no ones id'd the breakbeat tune yet ? on tape 3

Mister_DJ
27th February 2004, 10:51 PM
its not complete is it
no ones id'd the breakbeat tune yet ? on tape 3
This thread is id's for Vol 1 so I meant its complete for Vol 1. There's another thread for the other volumes/unknowns...

Mart

jc808
27th March 2004, 08:34 PM
sorry to bump this 'ole thread, but what version of 'so sweet' is being played?

anyone got the other parts also? ive only got the part off everything...e.com