PDA

View Full Version : Track with wham/george micheal sample

Bjp79
7th November 2003, 01:34 PM
Hi

Not really old skool, but I heard a track when I was out in Chester a few weeks ago...

Has a sample of a Wham or george Micheal track, where the chorus says "Automatic" or something like that... Just a stab in the dark, but does anyone know this track and the name of it?

Thanks.

brady
7th November 2003, 03:51 PM
hhe he , its me mate (middleman from chester) who made that tune

theres only 1000 white label copys at the mo

it samples club tropicana and its doing the bizz

get it while you can (it will never get clearance for the samples me no thinkz)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29787&item=2569874903

has a rework of katherine e - its alright on the other side too

here is there last booty too (only 250 copys made)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29787&item=2569763819

samples joey beltram & gat decor

judge jules used to cane this one on his show and was using it as a first track for his set for a good while (heard him play it as a first track of his set at cream while i was there with middleman)

vocals = "im your dj"

PS its middleman himself thats selling these records on ebay

Shooms
7th November 2003, 04:06 PM
Brady fella - can you samples pls :) esp interested in hearing the beltram/gat decor :D

Bjp79
7th November 2003, 04:47 PM
If I can hear a sample first, I'll place a bid Brady mate.

Incidentally, I was in Loaf when I heard it... Was that you?

brady
7th November 2003, 05:10 PM
okay heres some snippets of the energy elements track

im not sure how long a clip i can upload so ive done it in 3 different part

ive not ogt a clip of the club tropicana track soz

ive not even got a copy of it off him yet

brady
7th November 2003, 05:12 PM
clip2

brady
7th November 2003, 05:13 PM
clip3

brady
7th November 2003, 05:18 PM
if the clips stutter thats just my computer struggling to handle everything im trying to do at once :@

Bjp79
7th November 2003, 07:01 PM
Its most probably the track I was after... But I'm sure there was a sample from another Wham or George Micheal track that I heard?

Bjp79
7th November 2003, 08:10 PM
Here's a sample - I don;t think this is what was looking for though. It had different George Michael vocals.

brady
7th November 2003, 10:35 PM
where did you get the clip bjp ??

Bjp79
7th November 2003, 10:37 PM
It was from http://www.directrecords.co.uk

Bjp79
11th November 2003, 12:23 PM
I bought the record off eBay Brady, and it arrived this morning - and although I did hear that track in Chester, that's not the one I was looking for. It had samples from another George Michael/Wham track... Any ideas?

Shooms
11th November 2003, 12:45 PM
Just caught up with this thread again - cheers for the upage Brady fella - appreciated - that Beltram/ Ga Decor work well :D :D might have to track the lil bugger down ;)

wildpitch
11th November 2003, 01:12 PM
I've got a spare copy of a Discocaine tune that samples Club Tropicana. Very phat and funky number. It's got a big Wham riff, but I can't remember there being much vocal in it.

Bjp79
11th November 2003, 01:30 PM
Hi wildpitch. That would be cool.

I'm pretty certain the track I heard wasn't a Club Tropicana sample though... It was another track from George Michael or Wham... Might help if I knew what the original sample track was called though. Dammit.

brady
11th November 2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Bjp79

Incidentally, I was in Loaf when I heard it... ?

i spoke to middleman and he said that theres not many copys of the club tropicana track around but said if you heard it out in chester you must have been in Loaf

he must have given the dj in there a copy

;)

Bjp79
11th November 2003, 07:10 PM
Ta Brady

Yeah, I do like the track, and its a nice addition to the ol' collection, but not the track I was looking for. Bought the one on auction from the link you gave me earlier in the thread.

I was in Loaf that night... But its another track with a George Michael sample (not Club Tropicana though, something else) I'm desperate to track down though. Doesn't look as though I'll be able to find it unfortunately.

brady
11th November 2003, 07:17 PM
no worries

u should ask the dj the next time your in loaf:phones:

Bjp79
11th November 2003, 07:19 PM
Alas, its not somewhere I go on a night out... Was a one off. I'm a Manchester lad. But I might hear it again somewhere else, heh heh.

Bjp79
12th April 2004, 04:34 PM
By jove, ive found it - wasnt Wham at all, its The Pointer Sisters! Doh... Track called Automatic 2003... Have a listen, and let me know what you think, its great IMO.

AND DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS OR KNOW WHERE I CAN GET IT!!!?