Noel
6th November 2003, 02:34 PM
Anyone know these.....

Noel
6th November 2003, 02:36 PM
This one was sampled for Raze 'Jack the Groove'

Noel
6th November 2003, 02:38 PM
This is quality disco & is quite familiar, possibly sampled in the '90s......

Noel
6th November 2003, 02:39 PM
This'un was deffo sampled/remixed/covered in the last few years...

marchwiel
6th November 2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Noel

Track 22

D'oh :axe: Noel this is one of my all-time favourite records, which if I had not just checked that it was Powerhouse - What you need that sampled it in the 90's I would have been able to ID for you. Sadly, my mind has gone blank :'( I'll remember though!

Incidently is this off deephousepages? I am still working my way through the Bobby Konder's stuff on there. I'll definitely look to the Ron hardy stuff next.

lastnightadj
6th November 2003, 02:51 PM
This one was sampled for Raze 'Jack the Groove'

Funny one this - not sure who this one is - but Bra did a tune wth the bassline which is a bit more funky - also (and more likely) Vaughn Mason did a discoy version before Jack The Groove - this could be "Bounce, Skate,Rattle & Roll"

m0u5e
6th November 2003, 02:54 PM
most likely suspect is cleavage - barah

Konspiracy
6th November 2003, 02:54 PM
Lovin that bassline / jack the groove one:D :D :thumbsup:

Cant help tho, soz:(

m0u5e
6th November 2003, 03:00 PM
riiite jus played the sample .. it is slightly diff to barah so u mebbe onto a winner with vaughan mason, as lastnightadj said;)
:phones:

wildpitch
6th November 2003, 03:03 PM
Track 19 sounds like it could be one of their homemade reel to reels to me. It's just a straight loop off from the Cymande track Bra isn't it? It's deffo not Bounce / Skate as I have that and ID'ed it on here a while back.

Pretty sure I've got 22 as well, seems well familiar. Might be Betty Wright or something.

lastnightadj
6th November 2003, 03:06 PM
it sounds like the Bra loop - with a kick under - but then when the percussion comes in it it sounds a bit more accompleshed than just a loop :confused:

wildpitch
6th November 2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by lastnightadj
it sounds like the Bra loop - with a kick under - but then when the percussion comes in it it sounds a bit more accompleshed than just a loop :confused:

Indeed, the beat that creeps definitly isn't from Cymande. I'm guessing as I've never heard what they did with the reel to reels but it could be just the bassline from Bra looped over an 808 or something. Probably not though.

lastnightadj
6th November 2003, 03:10 PM

Track 22

Thelma Houston - Here I Am Baby

lastnightadj
6th November 2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by wildpitch
Indeed, the beat that creeps definitly isn't from Cymande. I'm guessing as I've never heard what they did with the reel to reels but it could be just the bassline from Bra looped over an 808 or something. Probably not though.

could be that mixing into another track - those crazee Yanks ;)

always on the look out for the VM track - but have not heard it in years :|

doolz
6th November 2003, 03:20 PM
could the first one be this
52nd STREET
From Manchester, funk contenders 52nd Street released three sterling singles on Factory - Look Into My Eyes (1982), Cool As Ice (1983) and Can't Afford To Let You Go (1984) before moving on to Ten/Virgin, where they cut two albums, Children of the Night (1986) and Something's Going On (1987). Cool As Ice was a cult club hit in New York and was remixed by John 'Jellybean' Benitez for the US market, where the band were signed to A&M. Both singles included here feature excellent, repetitive basslines sequenced on the Roland SH101 and MC202. Further details: www.xs4all.nl/~prism/pages/52ndstreet.htm
http://www.ltmpub.freeserve.co.uk/images/52street.jpg

lastnightadj
6th November 2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by doolz
52nd STREET
From Manchester, funk contenders 52nd Street released three sterling singles on Factory - Look Into My Eyes (1982), Cool As Ice (1983) and Can't Afford To Let You Go (1984) before moving on to Ten/Virgin, where they cut two albums, Children of the Night (1986) and Something's Going On (1987). Cool As Ice was a cult club hit in New York and was remixed by John 'Jellybean' Benitez for the US market, where the band were signed to A&M. Both singles included here feature excellent, repetitive basslines sequenced on the Roland SH101 and MC202. Further details: www.xs4all.nl/~prism/pages/52ndstreet.htm

Tell you what listening to it - that would fit :phones:

doolz
6th November 2003, 03:28 PM
19 has been uswed in loads eiether sampled or redone its a classic bass guitar tyoe riffage
didnt brand new heavies use it or one o them acid jazz type groups

il play it to me m8 whne i get home see if he knows hes well into his old funk n soul type things

doolz
6th November 2003, 03:29 PM
aye ;listening to it lndj the rap is dead crap and engligh lol

lastnightadj
6th November 2003, 03:33 PM
aye ;listening to it lndj the rap is dead crap and engligh lol

LOL - thats what I was thinking

RipleyPillwall
6th November 2003, 03:51 PM
Track 19 sounds like it could be one of their homemade reel to reels to me I recon you are spot in because you can hear certain elemtnts "filtered" out of the track.

Noel
6th November 2003, 04:28 PM
Track 22

Thelma Houston - Here I Am Baby

That's the one! Cheers.:D

Noel
6th November 2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by marchwiel
Track 22

D'oh :axe: Noel this is one of my all-time favourite records, which if I had not just checked that it was Powerhouse - What you need that sampled it in the 90's I would have been able to ID for you. Sadly, my mind has gone blank :'( I'll remember though!

Incidently is this off deephousepages? I am still working my way through the Bobby Konder's stuff on there. I'll definitely look to the Ron hardy stuff next.

actually got this one off soulseek, but there is some great ron hardy stuff on the deep house pages, & some good larry levan & frankie knuckles stuff on the earlier pages of the mix archive....
levan @ sound factory '82 is one of my faves:D

Noel
6th November 2003, 04:33 PM
52nd STREET

Cheers:D

rapping is a bit crap, it's the tune behind it that i like, wondered if the rapping was being played over the top.

Noel
6th November 2003, 04:39 PM
Funny one this - not sure who this one is - but Bra did a tune wth the bassline which is a bit more funky - also (and more likely) Vaughn Mason did a discoy version before Jack The Groove - this could be "Bounce, Skate,Rattle & Roll"

Is this the track u r on about?

clip taken from a Graeme Park set at the Garage in '86....

lastnightadj
6th November 2003, 05:21 PM

Could be the one - can't remember for sure - I heard it about 10 years ago - all I remember was that it was a disco tune with the Raze bassline - sorry :$

wildpitch
6th November 2003, 05:33 PM

Thats not the one. Do a search on the BBS for Vaughan Mason, somewhere down on it someone attached the orignal Bounce / Skate sample.

Mr-Monday
8th November 2003, 01:37 AM
Track 19 is Bra - Cymande (Danny Krivit re-edit). You can get it on vinyl or cd

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000083EM3/qid=1068251745/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2_2/026-5838889-7998066

I've got track 21 as well but I can't remember it d'oh...

Noel
11th November 2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Mr-Monday
Track 19 is Bra - Cymande (Danny Krivit re-edit). You can get it on vinyl or cd

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000083EM3/qid=1068251745/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2_2/026-5838889-7998066

I've got track 21 as well but I can't remember it d'oh...

Nice one m8 thanx for clearing that one up! :D

Am loving track21 so let me know if u remember......

Mister_DJ
17th November 2003, 02:39 PM
I think track 21 is by Patti Labelle. It may be called 'I'm Looking for Loving', but this needs confirming...

Mart
:rolleyes:

Noel
18th November 2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by mart
I think track 21 is by Patti Labelle. It may be called 'I'm Looking for Loving', but this needs confirming...

Mart

Nice one Mart.:D I've got Patti LaBelle 'Get Ready' (Lookin' For Love) q'd on slsk, so hopefully it's that.....

Noel
18th November 2003, 01:06 PM
Nice one Mart.:D I've got Patti LaBelle 'Get Ready' (Lookin' For Love) q'd on slsk, so hopefully it's that.....

It is indeed Patti LaBelle 'Get Ready (Lookin' For Love)'.

Anyone happen to know which mix this is as it's not the album version i've downloaded?

Mr-Monday
18th November 2003, 01:36 PM
I knew I had this tune, but I couldn't find it!

This is Ron Hardy's own remix of 'Get Ready'. It's full title is

Patti LaBelle - Get ready (looking for love) (Back to the Music Box edit)

I don't think you've got a chance of getting the 12" of this BUT you can get it on this...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000053HKU/qid=1069158718/sr=1-6/ref=sr_1_8_6/026-7736503-6154834

Mister_DJ
18th November 2003, 02:14 PM

Thats the fella...! Nice 1 people!

Mart

Noel
18th November 2003, 04:39 PM

I don't think you've got a chance of getting the 12" of this BUT you can get it on this...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000053HKU/qid=1069158718/sr=1-6/ref=sr_1_8_6/026-7736503-6154834

Nice 1 Mr M.:D

Roberto
6th April 2004, 08:12 PM
Don't know about the "Jack the groove" bassline track, but this definitely is NOT Vaughan Mason's (or Raze's) "Bounce Skate'n'roll" from around '79/80 which I have on record.

Noel
7th April 2004, 11:38 AM
Don't know about the "Jack the groove" bassline track, but this definitely is NOT Vaughan Mason's (or Raze's) "Bounce Skate'n'roll" from around '79/80 which I have on record.

Mr-Monday got this one earlier in the thread, it's...

Bra 'Cymande' (Danny Krivit re-edit)

psykikbob
7th April 2004, 08:55 PM
Dont know if someone's pointed this out yet Noel, but anyone looking into Ron Hardy IDs should start here (http://suenomartino.net/ronhardy.htm). And dont forget, Ron did lots of brilliant re-edits on reel-to-reel that were never released so U will not be able to get most of them. This is how house started, looping the best bits of disco records on tape, before beats etc. were added :thumbsup:

Noel
8th April 2004, 12:40 PM
M8 that's fecking brilliant... tracklists 4 the Ron Hardy sets on the Deep House Pages! :king:
Manged to get id's on 2 of my most wanteds from another set... Powerline 'Journey' & the Walter Gibbons Mix of First Choice 'Let No Man Put Asunder' (Tony Huphries plyd it on radio 1 in the l8 90's & said it was a Frankie Knuckles mix.... :@ always wondered why i coudn't find it!!!)

Some other good info on there too...

Great site I hadn't come accross b4... thanx 4 pointing me in it's direction :thumbsup:
:D :D :D :D :D

psykikbob
8th April 2004, 01:35 PM
Yup, both these tracks are superb ;) Think Powerline may have been British on the original (Champagne?), but has had a nice re-release on Wave I believe. I think the version of Asunder Ronnie usually played is his own edit of the Gibbons mix, but I could be wrong (again). One of his best, what a classic track. I've really been digging mix 1050 recently....check it out :thumbsup:

Noel
8th April 2004, 03:32 PM
Yeah i've had a couple of listens of that 1050 b4 :thumbsup:

The tunes on this post are from mix 318 & the tunes I've just id'd are from mix 953 ...2 of my fave Hardy sets :king:

Your right m8.. it his his own edit of the Gibbons mix... what a brilliant tune! phones:

lastnightadj
8th April 2004, 04:08 PM
Yup, both these tracks are superb ;) Think Powerline may have been British on the original (Champagne?), but has had a nice re-release on Wave I believe. I think the version of Asunder Ronnie usually played is his own edit of the Gibbons mix, but I could be wrong (again). One of his best, what a classic track. I've really been digging mix 1050 recently....check it out :thumbsup:
I've got this - its on a 4 track Champagne sampler type thing - also includes an instrumental version of TW Funkmasters Love Honey

Im not sure that aren't 2 versions of Powerline - slightly different?

Tis a beautiful tune though

Mr-Monday
8th April 2004, 10:08 PM
Does anyone know where you can get hold of the Walter Gibbons mix of Let no man put Asunder?

It'a a cracker.

psykikbob
9th April 2004, 01:08 AM
Monday, Dont know about a 12", but it was on the Disco Madness LP & a few others I think. A legendary DJ/producer, put out the first ever commercial 12". :hubba: A little about him here. (http://www.jahsonic.com/WalterGibbons.html) I think the Powerline remix came out on the US release on Elite/Prelude, Double Journey. :rotate: