PDA

View Full Version : Ultracynic

sirius
28th March 2002, 10:18 PM
Right you lot!.......Ive asked around for this before, but to no avail. Its gonna be a rare as fek, if it ever existed in the first place. I am willing to part with some *serious * money if this ever got on vinyl.....

Its a track by Ultracynic from 1991 and was featured on TV once. Its not Nothing is Forever, OneWayLove or any of the other ones on that original whitelabel release. It used to get played on PA Waaaay back in 91/92.

I have wanted to get in contact with the band members to ask whether it ever got released or not, but no one knows a email addy or website......

Anybody got any ideas?, or leads about it.........I am hoping Mikey or somebody has it !!!!! Or if anyone has any MP3's of ultracynic PA's from years ago which they could upload send me, please contact me.

Thanks,

Sirius.

sirius
28th March 2002, 11:51 PM
Just another tid bit of info for those who didnt know - Ultracynic are AFC Botswana aswell. They are from Manchester too...........

As you probably guessed this is one of my ten or so 'holy grail' quest tunes.

9 views so far and no response - it doesnt look promising does it?.......:'(

Sirius.

ste huxley
29th March 2002, 12:06 AM
AFC Botswana arent they the mighty "Cotton Club" as well?

Dont know about this tune I'm afraid mate

VinylAnimal
31st March 2002, 07:22 PM
The only vinyl I got by em is the Nothing Is Forever promo, sorry mate :(

Mind you, it was a sod to get at the time !!!! I got the promo the day the record shops took delivery, but Welly had it ages before... How's that work then :confused: :confused: :confused:

sirius
31st March 2002, 09:23 PM
Errrm, has anyone got that Bowlers vid from 1992?. Somebody said they had it (ages ago).........'Rave Night' pete waterman styleee n all that jazz. Its on that!!!!....

Can u convert the PA to avi or mpeg? or failing that (:( ) rip the audio off (hope its stereo as vid recorders *were* left channel only). Betterstill would be the whole programme as an avi or mp3 to download as Winrar bundles. Failing this, there is no option left than to write to the tv company and hope its on archive........

Any takers?, probably not........

Cheers,

Sirius.

jonnyp
1st April 2002, 12:45 PM
there was always "got to have it" on planet four...dunno when it came out tho.

Actually 1993 according to htf

jonny

VinylAnimal
1st April 2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by jonnyp
Actually 1993 according to htf

Lol, so that could be any year post war then....

Fuk me I hate HTFR :moonie: :moonie: :moonie:

Here's Johnny
1st April 2002, 06:07 PM
Ultracynic were defo on the Hitman and Her

Remember seeing them when sitting half cut trying to work my way through a cold kebab at 4 in the morning

oldskooldazed (al)
1st April 2002, 06:31 PM
im sure ultracynic pa'd the niter hitman and her was at shelleys
defo sure - rozalla - was other pa on nite - man i want this vid
nipper was djin that nite

alan

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sirius
1st April 2002, 06:49 PM
I really,really,really want a mint full length copy of this video!!.

I remember having it once on video, my brother set & taped it, but ITV in thier infinate wisdom delayed it by 10 minutes.Grrrrrr:@.
The picture was all grainy and poor sound anyway because it was done on a tv with an inside arial. Totally awesome tape I remember, with the end cutting Ultracynic off. Double Grrrr:@ . Betamax tape though, and probably lost forever anyway (believe me, I have looked!!!).

I think my bro only taped it cos they was at Ritzy in Burnley the week before (Now a friggin' bingo place) and everyone was well up for being on the telly......

Ultracynic just rocked!!!!!. theres one little hardcore/piano number which has haunted me eversince I first heard it. The guys were there hammering the keyboards and bouncing up and down - two birds on stage were singing in duet and strobes combing the crowds hair like an acidic barber. Amazing spine tingler tackle. Half way through it bloody cuts off!. Sickener.

If I dont manage to lay my hands on the vid this spring/summer (I am assuming the record never got release) then Im going to bombard ITV with requests of a "Hitman and Her Season".......Its illuded me for a decade.

Cheers guys,

Sirius.

DJFANTAZIA
1st April 2002, 07:51 PM
If my memory serves me correctly, the Man Like Ben Fisher, was telling me of one of his favourite/rarest tunes on Staurday night, at Cricketers, released by ultracynic, he mentioned it took him ages to get hold of and is rarer than a rare vinyl thats just won an award for being rare.

PM him and see what its called.

Hope this helps

:axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe:

Dj Britalian
2nd April 2002, 12:16 PM
Rarer than a rare vinyl:axe:

God that is rare,lol:drevil:

Mr-Monday
4th April 2002, 01:49 PM
I think my mate has got that Hit man on Her on video. Did they only do one live at Bowlers? I remeber Ultracynic and I also remember they interviewed some mad American about a trippy video he'd made. Oh and MK - Burning is on there as well.
He did have that video last time I checked and he said then he wouldn't get rid of it.
What's even better is he had a stereo VCR even back then! I know this because he made an audio tape off the video and gave it to me.

I'll email he and try ask him if you like.

Mr-Monday
4th April 2002, 02:17 PM
My mate still has the video :D

The program is two hours long, but he reckons if you cut out the adverts it'll fit on one cd. That's audio only though, no vid.

I take it you'd like a copy Sirius? :roll:

sirius
4th April 2002, 07:04 PM
YEAH BOY!!!!!!. YOU DA MAN!.

The whole video was wicked, but for simplicity, would it be possible to get us just the PA's that were on it (Ultracynic!! etc) and encode to mp3 for me to download......it doesnt have to be proper CD quality either - just drop it down one notch if the file is too big.
I would want the whole video to watch if you give me the whole thing on CD....so just a decent audio copy of the PA by ultracynic would be wicked.
I dont know if you will be able to do this or not, so if not send us the full CD kaboodle!! (Ill pm you details in that case).
I know a workaround for hotmail by using Winace, or if you can put it in a Myplay locker that would be better.....

Thankyou,

Sirius.

Errrm, how would your m8 put it on CD if its the full thing? would he have to up it to the PC? 2 hours of stereo music is one hefty file size.......and a long time to be sat recording at a pc.
I dont want to put you and youre mate to a lot of trouble.......the full PA on its own should be fairly small (?) and save you work.
Whats best for you? - I will fit in.

Mr-Monday
9th April 2002, 09:09 AM
Alright sirius

I've just got back to work after a four day bender in Edinburgh :crazy:

Don't worry about putting my mate to trouble. I want a copy and he seems quite into it so I bet does as well! He's already made a start on it so I'll keep you posted. It is quite a big project, so it may take him a couple of weeks.
He is going to make a few cuts to keep it down to 1 CD. There was another PA on the program called Multicore that weren't too hot for example.

A bit of info:- The Ultracynic PA was two songs, Nothing Lasts Forever and the hard piano track that's called Dreams.

:phones:

sirius
9th April 2002, 07:37 PM
4 day bender in the land of pubs!!! cant be bad............

Cheers for that m8, Ill PM you some details nearer the time :). So they only did the two tunes then??. Its that last one I have gone to the four corners of the UK looking for (well nearly). Absolute monster track. He should fit it all on 1 mp3-ised CD uncut I reckon, because one of my brothers mates sometimes buys these dodgy bootleg CDs like Cream Anthems, Gatecrasher, ministry of sound, global underground etc all squezed on one CD as mp3!!!.

You get 74 mins on a normal cd and the compression rate for mp3s is fantastic, so 2hrs should be no problem (unless theres lack of hard disk real estate!).

Thanks again,

Sirius.

whatyadoinsucka
10th April 2002, 05:14 PM
ultracynic have too celebs in the band

firstly the gladiator's hero Russell crowe
and secondly the one known as 'spider' ex coronation street
hippie

check out the pic sleeve cover of nothing is forever

sirius
10th April 2002, 08:38 PM
what release is yours bud????. I have trekked the lenghth and bredth of england (well were I have been on holidays and day journeys n e ways) and never saw a pic sleeve. I got two Nothin is forevers on PWL (different records) and the white label EP. They all just had a black standard sleeve. (mind u, they were second hand).

Sirius.

whatyadoinsucka
10th April 2002, 09:42 PM
i've had the pink label promo vinyl
from my first few purchases

but this ones is on pwl1992 (45 PEW T2)

it has a white label small black writing down the right hand side
dark mint green artwork (well circles and so on)
and the mixes are
ebeneezer in the dark as usual mix, danny hibrid mix, original mix, e motion dub

these i think are different to th promo i also own
ie. 'ebeneezer in the dark mix'
on the promo is the 2am last tune at bowlers mix

I'll check