PDA

View Full Version : Up Up & Away, Higher...Higher

FatBlimp
28th March 2002, 07:00 AM
I heard this on a DJ Dan tape, around 92/93, here in Los Angeles. It's very uplifting with a basic piano riff and a male singing, "up up & away" and a female following with, "higher, higher". Kind of a house/hardcore hybrid. I believe part of it has a bit of a 4/4 beat but it's mainly breaks. Kind of like DMS - Exterminate. Definitely old skool yet I can't seem to ID it. Thanks.

nathan
28th March 2002, 12:37 PM
sly t and ollie j but not 100% sure. Jaz should get this

JAZ
28th March 2002, 06:16 PM
Sorry nathan but Im sure this a tune that sasha used to play.
I thought I had a sasha tape with it on but I cant find the tune Im thinking of to confirm that.
If you supply a sample of it FatBlimp then I might be of more help as all I can think of is this house tune that I dont think I know the name of..

Taff64
28th March 2002, 07:17 PM
tune your after is Conscious - Higher (Cue Records) 1992

JAZ
28th March 2002, 07:25 PM
Nice one Taff thats the one I was thinking of..
I knew I had it on either tape/mp3 and it turns out I have the mp3..

FatBlimp
28th March 2002, 08:19 PM
Thanks very much. I've been asking everybody about it to no avail. I checked this site out yesterday and read the intro regarding piano driven tunes. I was certain I'd find the answer here. Wow. Thanks everybody. Anybody know how I could get an MP3 of this?

JAZ
28th March 2002, 08:28 PM
Suppose I could supply you with it seeing as how u like it a lot...
U got icq?

FatBlimp
28th March 2002, 08:40 PM
Hey, thanks a lot. Unfortunately, I'm an ignoramus when it comes to computers. I have a DSL connection and use Audiogalaxy; no ICQ (I have an idea of what it is). Are there other ways? Is this only a mediocre tune? Are there better ones? I posted a question in the general section to learn more about the piano driven tunes from the North and the North itself. I enjoy both camps of music but would definitely like to learn more. Thanks again.

butty
28th March 2002, 08:45 PM
ICQ mate you can get from www.icq.com. as for other piano tunes - listen to the mixes from life @ bowlers, maximes and good times on the site - most of them are the piano tunes that made the norths music scene in the early 90's

FatBlimp
28th March 2002, 09:04 PM
Thanks butty. I have ICQ now but am clueless. I have a number (155342621) and login name (FatBlimp). I attempted to write something to JAZ; don't think it worked. I'm unemployed these days. Maybe I should invest some time with this computer. :S

JAZ
28th March 2002, 09:19 PM
It did work but I was down the shop doh just remembered I forgot the lighter I went out to buy lol
Yeah I keep sending u messages but u aint replying mate :)