PDA

View Full Version : The greatest dancer

Edinjapan
15th October 2003, 12:32 PM
Anyone know who this was by?

Think there was a new version of it around recently?

Cheers

RipleyPillwall
15th October 2003, 01:14 PM
Do you meant the classic Sister Sledge tune ???

ste huxley
15th October 2003, 01:34 PM
Theres a version by Robert Hood, out about 2 years ago
Live at the motor mix

TUNE

Proper funky with a pumpin beat and the live lyrics

Biskit
15th October 2003, 01:49 PM
Are you after a version with the vocals or the classic funky riff?? If its the riff, then there's loads who have sampled it, its one of my fave funky guitar disco riffs. Nile Rodgers and Bernard Edwards were 2 funky ass muthas :D

nathan
15th October 2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Biskit
Are you after a version with the vocals or the classic funky riff?? If its the riff, then there's loads who have sampled it, its one of my fave funky guitar disco riffs. Nile Rodgers and Bernard Edwards were 2 funky ass muthas :D

they certainly were. Did you know chic's:- le freak was originally aaaahhhh f**k off instead of aaaahhhhh freak out. cause they were so pissed off at not being let in to studio 54.
Also thats nile rodgers playing the guitar on carly simon's :- why

Biskit
15th October 2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by nathan
they certainly were. Did you know chic's:- le freak was originally aaaahhhh f**k off instead of aaaahhhhh freak out. cause they were so pissed off at not being let in to studio 54.

Aye I did :D N did you know that 'Tribe Called Quest' blatantly ripped the B-side instrumental off of 'Carly Simon - Why' to rap over for their tune 'Bonita Applebum'. Now you could call ATCQ c*nts, but I personally think that 'Bonita applebum' is one coooool track!! :D

Edinjapan
15th October 2003, 02:44 PM
It was the vocal one I was after-Sister sledge eh, well bugger me!

Cheers guys

wildpitch
15th October 2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Biskit
did you know that 'Tribe Called Quest' blatantly ripped the B-side instrumental off of 'Carly Simon - Why' to rap over for their tune 'Bonita Applebum'. Now you could call ATCQ c*nts, but I personally think that 'Bonita applebum' is one coooool track!! :D

ATCQ are well cool IMO. Can't remember who mixed it, but it was the remixer that did this. They actually called it the Why Remix if IRC. The original Bonita was based on a Roy Ayers tune called Daylight, again if IRC.

lastnightadj
15th October 2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by wildpitch
ATCQ are well cool IMO. Can't remember who mixed it, but it was the remixer that did this. They actually called it the Why Remix if IRC. The original Bonita was based on a Roy Ayers tune called Daylight, again if IRC.

CJ Mackintosh did the "WHy" remix - the original samples Grace Jones Slave To The Rhythm too

Chic actually wrote and produced Why - as well as playing on it :thumbsup:

wildpitch
15th October 2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by lastnightadj
CJ Mackintosh did the "WHy" remix - the original samples Grace Jones Slave To The Rhythm too

Chic actually wrote and produced Why - as well as playing on it :thumbsup:

Just dug it out, I've got two or three different 12's of this. They used some real imagination when they came up with the mix names, one of them has a mix called Slave Remix on one side with the Why remix on the flip. Both pretty cool though.