PDA

View Full Version : One man-vocal soullu house early 90's?

Edinjapan
15th October 2003, 12:24 PM
This is on one of Pauly Ps tapes
Female vocal, soulful house think its called one man?

Any ideas?

Konspiracy
15th October 2003, 12:32 PM
Not heard the tape but this has to be One Man by Chanelle

Edinjapan
15th October 2003, 12:36 PM
THink it probably is-what a choon!
Cheers K, nice one!

Shooms
15th October 2003, 01:17 PM
Chanelle - One man

Choooooooooooooooooooon :heart:

Biskit
15th October 2003, 01:44 PM
Ed, u'll probs want the 94 Rmx, its on 'Deep Distraxion', and personally I think its the best mix of the whole double pack!!
I think I may have 2 double pack copies somewhere, let us know if ur interested!!

"One man" (jm's paradise mix), A2 "One man" (uno clio's heavenly vocal), B1 "One man" (loveland's fill-on-vocal), B2 "One man" (loveland's over & over dub) / DISTRAXION:OILY31

Shooms
15th October 2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Biskit
Ed, u'll probs want the 94 Rmx, its on 'Deep Distraxion', and personally I think its the best mix of the whole double pack!!
I think I may have 2 double pack copies somewhere, let us know if ur interested!!

"One man" (jm's paradise mix), A2 "One man" (uno clio's heavenly vocal), B1 "One man" (loveland's fill-on-vocal), B2 "One man" (loveland's over & over dub) / DISTRAXION:OILY31

noooooooooooo :naughty: I havent heard the remixes so cant really comment but how can you improve summat so pure & perfect as Channelle ??

nathan
15th October 2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Shoomster
noooooooooooo :naughty: I havent heard the remixes so cant really comment but how can you improve summat so pure & perfect as Channelle ??

jesus shooms you just took the words right out of my mouth. Are you meatloaf in discuise! 'ARE YOU MEATLOAF.... IN.....DISCUISE
PMSL

Biskit
15th October 2003, 02:06 PM
One of the rmx's keeps all the orig' elements the piano n the vocal, but brings it more up to date and does a good job, its JM's Paradise Mix. Trust me, I have the original to, but I think this rmx is miles better :thumbsup:

Shooms
15th October 2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by nathan
jesus shooms you just took the words right out of my mouth. Are you meatloaf in discuise! 'ARE YOU MEATLOAF.... IN.....DISCUISE
PMSL

LMAO ! I dont know who you are Nath but you're a real dead ringer for love :| :$

Biskit
15th October 2003, 02:13 PM
One of the rmx's keeps all the orig' elements the piano n the vocal, but brings it more up to date and does a good job, its JM's Paradise Mix. Trust me, I have the original to, but I think this rmx is miles better :thumbsup:

Oh and its still as soulful!! Did any of you guys get out in 94??? There were some pretty decent remixes put out, probs one of the best years for remixes!! :D

nathan
15th October 2003, 02:17 PM
Oh and its still as soulful!! Did any of you guys get out in 94??? There were some pretty decent remixes put out, probs one of the best years for remixes!! :D

I was out every friday and saturday in 1994.
never heard a remix. weird.

Biskit
15th October 2003, 02:20 PM
Cheap promo copy here (http://www9.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?sid=364443308&key=50655&referred_by=OLDSKOOLANTHEMZ&a_refno=GML484868486) :D

wildpitch
15th October 2003, 02:23 PM
I can remember having this on Deep Distraxion, bit of a stinker in my opinion, not a patch on the original mixes. But I may not have ended up with the decent mixes, what I had was well dodgy.

Biskit
15th October 2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by wildpitch
I can remember having this on Deep Distraxion, bit of a stinker in my opinion, not a patch on the original mixes. But I may not have ended up with the decent mixes, what I had was well dodgy.

Yeh there was 2 promo's that went out n one had absolutely shite mixes on it!! Its the JM's Paradise Mix you want!!

Edinjapan
15th October 2003, 02:42 PM
Am in the midst of a financial crisis at the min biskit, lol, but may get back to you on that one-cheers for the offer bud!

Biskit
15th October 2003, 02:46 PM
Here's 3 minutes of the 94 remix...

JM's Paradise Mix (http://www.splattdesigns.co.uk/biskit/jm.mp3)
:thumbsup:

Edinjapan
15th October 2003, 03:06 PM
Yep, nothing wrong with that!

Tuuunnnnnneeee!!!!!!!

Shooms
15th October 2003, 03:09 PM
errrrr - dont like them beats.... which is all they seem to have added to this mix...

*Shooms clasps his Profile copy to his chest protectively*

Biskit
15th October 2003, 03:34 PM
New beats n the piano's more prominent!! If you dont like them beats shoomy, then you probs dont like much of 94 n laters soul house/garage! :D

Shooms
15th October 2003, 03:49 PM
If you dont like them beats shoomy, then you probs dont like much of 94 n laters soul house/garage! :D

Nope I dont lol Really went off US garage/house in 94 onwards.... I did buy loads of tunes & went out loads in 94 but they were more like Perfecto/Cleveland City type tunes :D

Biskit
15th October 2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Shoomster
but they were more like Perfecto/Cleveland City type tunes :D

Yep quite right there m8 :thumbsup: Organ parpin handbag fluff lol :D

pauly p
15th October 2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Ed
This is on one of Pauly Ps tapes
Female vocal, soulful house think its called one man?

Any ideas?

The one on the tape is just the bog standard "one mix" on profile records 1989.
It turns up in bargain bins ;) for 50p sometimes :D

Edinjapan
16th October 2003, 09:55 AM
Thanks Pauly
If you see one for 50 p can you pick it up for me, I can stretch to that!

Whats the tune after that one, another vocal one?

:p ;)

pauly p
16th October 2003, 06:13 PM
will do Ed. ;)
Bunny girl picked up a copy for 30p a few weeks back.

I think the tune after is MCJ feat Sima - To yourself be free.
I`ll find the tape in a mo :thumbsup:

Edinjapan
17th October 2003, 04:39 PM
Cheers Paul

Is Bunny on the old 1's and 2's as well- you could market yourselves as DJ Derek Batey...Mr and Mrs!

Will get them tapes sorted for you soon bud!

Ed