PDA

View Full Version : Another John Kelly 1

sweet sensation
23rd January 2002, 05:41 PM
Starts with a girl singing "Sing Hallelujah" a few times then some other stuff I cant understand then "show me, sing it, crazy, in the morning time" then "sing it" a few more times (bit like reverb) then the other stuff !!!!

Then "sing hallelujah" now and again, then the piano comes in (top bit of piano) then comes the bass. Then the piano changes slightly, then "dont tell me" then a bloke says "dont do it, dont play the fool" then the piano changes again. The woman is still singing "sing hallelujah" now and again. Then a different bloke sings "I cant take it (rpt).... anymore (rpt)" quite a few times. Then a strange voice (bit like a vocoder) "Are you acid are you acid" (i think !!) "give me 5" then a pumpy sound (????)

Err thats it !!

Sweet xx

ste huxley
23rd January 2002, 05:49 PM
Oh I've got this on vinyl, it's well old about 1990, but I cant remember the artist, but I know its called 'Hallelujah'

I just looked round at my records and was about to have a root through but then thought, feck that! Too many records and I havent a clue where it is.

Someone else will know the name maybe, if not, I'll look it up for you.

Dj Britalian
23rd January 2002, 06:01 PM
Could it be DFP - Hallelujah - 1990?

Thats my first ever id (SteH) am i right?

:axe: :stupid: :axe:

ste huxley
23rd January 2002, 06:36 PM
This is gonna sound strange Gaz but for some reason I'm thinking it was by Fidelfatti, and the B-side was called Hallelujah!!!

And its the A-side Sweet wants!!! But I dont know the name of it!

I can picture the cover and everything, you know those early Ital fashion shoot covers with 2 blokes with mullets and a lasy with a bad perm, all in leather etc etc

Then again I am probably wrong about the Artist!

I gonna look for it later

Dj Britalian
23rd January 2002, 07:00 PM
Speaking of funny vinyl covers, have you seen the cover to Rosso Barroco - Never Gonna Give You Up, oooooh how very camp.

:O

ste huxley
24th January 2002, 12:05 AM
I've only got the bootleg of that one Gaz but I think I'll buy it eventually...

Right, I've been thinking some more about Sweets unknown and I am fairly sure it's by the artist 'Mary House'

and the title is something like, 'Hallelujah' (but that could be the b-side like I said earlier, but the A side is maybe called something similar)

Right thats the best I can do w/o digging it out...

whatyadoinsucka
24th January 2002, 11:29 AM
I think this is the one

ste huxley
24th January 2002, 01:13 PM
The thing is here, is those Hallelujah samples have been used lots of times so we can speculate till the cows come home!

What we need is a sample
(I know sweet you haven't got the facilities, but maybe you could give me the tape and I'll sample it, or get someone else to do it)

sweet sensation
30th January 2002, 06:11 PM
Just realised I never said Ta. :axe: anyway better late than never !? :crazy: :rolleyes:

I'll bring this tape with me on sat Ste, then you can hear Bertha Butt aswell !!!

Sweet xx

doolz
1st February 2002, 08:49 PM
sweet this could be a remix of the happy mondays 'Hallelujah'

seem to remeber some funky remixs around pretty sure thats where the sing halleujah swample comes from neway

oldskooldazed (al)
3rd February 2002, 07:27 PM
hiya Sarah wicked to se ya again at WE

the tune you played me at tonks befor we went is bug quad fav

loove - the ya ya's

top tunez

quadrantpark
27th July 2004, 03:32 PM
Hello mate , this was a classic john kelly mix , he uses the acappella called "in the morning" which is found on one of the original acappellas lps , then he brings in Ten dance i cant take it (which originally samples this acappella throughout the song)

pluto
27th July 2004, 06:22 PM
the are you acid tune is jovannoti featuring gino latino - gimme five 3(acid five)

V.D.R
28th July 2004, 10:56 AM
quadrantpark
is spot on, that mix was one of John Kelly's trade mark mixes.

sweet sensation
28th July 2004, 08:58 PM
Nice one folks :thumbsup:

How mad is this, I was thinking about that hallelujah tune the other day, thinking did it ever get ided !!! And now 2 1/2 yrs on it has :D

Cheers :thumbsup:

ste huxley
28th July 2004, 09:56 PM
lol I still dont know what I was on about:)