PDA

View Full Version : Sasha @ Manhatten Heights, April'90 (2)

Noel
24th July 2003, 01:23 PM
Nice hip hop tune this, sound a bit like Roxanne Shante?

wildpitch
24th July 2003, 02:18 PM
Used to love this. Not sure which version this is as the promo of it I have only has one track and that has loads of swearing in it and has "I'm not satisfied motherfucka" written on the label.

What I can remember is it had something to do with Fine Young Canibals.

doolz
24th July 2003, 03:34 PM
could it be this on htfr

MR494 FINE YOUNG CANNIBALS I'M NOT SATISFIED FFrr VOCAL RAP BIG WITH SASHA IN '89

Mister_DJ
24th July 2003, 04:03 PM
This is deffo Fine Young Cannibals - I'm Not Satisfied (New York Rap Mix)

Mart
:rolleyes:

Noel
25th July 2003, 01:04 PM
Thanx Chaps.

Saw that on htfr about FYC so listened to my mp3 of the matt dike remix and found that it has absolutely no similarities to this and is clearly a completely different tune! anyone know the story behind this?:confused:

Had quite a few of these remixes that appear to have no relation to the original tune id'd lately......

wildpitch
25th July 2003, 01:16 PM
I can't remember exactly but I got the rap thing I have quite a while before the FYC tune of the same name came out, and has no real reference to FYC in it anywhere.

Didn't someone on here goto to the same gym as Mr FYC, perhaps she can ask him..:cool:

Mister_DJ
25th July 2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Noel
Thanx Chaps.

Saw that on htfr about FYC so listened to my mp3 of the matt dike remix and found that it has absolutely no similarities to this and is clearly a completely different tune! anyone know the story behind this?:confused:

Had quite a few of these remixes that appear to have no relation to the original tune id'd lately......

Dunno if this will shed any light, but the credits on the Promo 12" go:

Side A:

I'm Not Satisfied
(Steele/Gift/Bowie)
1. New York Rap Mix
2. New York Singing Mix
Rapping By N. Bowie
Produced by D. Steele & A. Cox
Remixed by Prince Paul & D. Steele

Side B:

I'm Not Satisfied
(Steele/Gift/Bowie)
1. The Nicci Version
Produced and Mixed by A. Cox & D. Steele

I'm Not Satisfied
(Steele/Gift)
Produced by David Z & FYC

Mart
:rolleyes:

wildpitch
26th July 2003, 07:50 AM
Didn't reailise how many 12's of this there were, I've just found three more other than the one I mentioned above (which I now realise is almost the same as the Nicci version).

Just flicking through them, I still don't reckon you can beat Jazzie B and Nellie Hooper original.

lastnightadj
26th July 2003, 08:23 AM
Wasn't there a remix of She Drives Me Crazy with Monie Love rappin as well - that was pretty good as I remember