PDA

View Full Version : True Faith

Here's Johnny
12th March 2002, 07:57 PM
:confused: I've got the 12" of True Faith "Take me Away" (the Pinned Up Mix) with the piano intro

Was there another version of this released which was ravier with the vocals over a big piano break - kinda like Playing wth Knives?

whatyadoinsucka
12th March 2002, 10:14 PM
my 2nd most wanted tune ever

sweet mercy 'take me away' on TEN recs

is the same track, it is even produced by the same 3 names and the same female singer as true faith (I Checked)
yet released in 1991

truefaith was 2 years earlier
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

INFO GREATLY APPRECIATED

DJFANTAZIA
12th March 2002, 11:12 PM
Johnny, I think your after the release under the name of the pin up girls, on the b side to awesome 3 possesed on am pm records.

A sting tune was also released with this version on. Top Os rave stlyie with a superb piano break halway through.

The Sweet mercy version is also top, basically this tune was the same bassline and lyrics, but it spawned numerous remixes with different piano and breaks, Ive even got a rave version of it on Renk records T9, with a proper nice breakbeat and fast piano throughout.

Top, top tune.

:axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe:

JAZ
13th March 2002, 12:02 AM
I was going to reply with sweet mercy earlier but didnt cos I was doing something else :p
I agree with wyds and fantazia this is also 1 of my all time fave tunes and as u all know Im more into my hardcore and techno stuff than house...
I still need a perfect rip of the sweet mercy if anyone has it plzzzzz ;)

whatyadoinsucka
13th March 2002, 08:25 AM
buttys got a copy
its the 1st track on the b side
you'll want to hear

Jonno
13th March 2002, 09:12 AM
The "Sting Tune" was the original bootleg which spawned all the others.

Mr-Monday
13th March 2002, 02:19 PM
Anyone got a decent version of the True Faith accapella? I've got 1 version, but it still has a bit of background music. I've got an old mix tape somewhere with a much 'cleaner' version that I@d love to have.. :)

Mr-Monday
13th March 2002, 05:13 PM
Cheers, that would be great. :D I've only got the UK release on Network. 8 mixes - Is that a double pack by any chance? :|

Only Papua New Guinea has that many mixes on one twelve (that I know of at least)

Jonno
13th March 2002, 06:56 PM
I could be wrong here but the paragon release is the original which the acapella was stolen from for the bootleg. I seem to recall the acapella on this having a bass and high hat behind it (ie it's not clean), which is always annoying. It's probably got loads of mixes on it because the yanks get loads more value for money on their 12 inch releases.
I seem to remember that the normal mixes on this sound nothing like the version's by Pin Up Girls / Awesome 3 / Sweet Mercy. These are all bastardised version's of the bootleg. The reason they put aka Pin Up Girls on the Network release was the bootleg had a drawing of a 50's style pin up girl on the record inner - that version is virtually identical to the bootleg - it's just longer.

The Awesome 3 version has a clean acapella ('voxapella') but it's a different bird singing. Oddly enough they don't use the same vocal on the main mix - they seem to use the True Faith accapella - It even tales off at the end the same during the final "take me away"

I've also got a different version again on an old accapella compilation - it's got a string like synth behind it. I always assumed it was taken off the remix 12 released on Network. John Jepson used to play this version over the top of Jean Micael Jarre’s “Equinox 1” at Monroes. The place used to go tits.

Mr-Monday
13th March 2002, 10:04 PM
Thanks Jonno

It sound like the version I have on mp3 is the Paragon release. So the version I have on tape is either the Awsome 3 or off the remixed 12". Things are getting complicated :p

I"ll try and hunt 'em down.

Cheers

Jonno
14th March 2002, 12:08 AM
The lyrics are slightly different in the Awesome 3 acapella. She says "show me now honey lips" instead of "show me now what is it".