PDA

View Full Version : But when you want me,a different story

Christian
5th May 2003, 02:11 AM
The tune I'm after sounds like its from around 1990.It has very 80's sounding synth stabs.It starts with the synth stabs and then samples of the vocals off Bowa-Different Story come in.She sings
'a different story',then the piano comes in,which is a mellow,uplifting style.When it gets to the next break,the vocalist sings:
but when you want me,
when you want me,
but when you want me,
a different story,
Then its back to the synth and piano.Its a nice catchy little tune,any ideas?Thanks all

sirius
5th May 2003, 11:17 AM
Sounds like DreamBeam 'Today' m8.

Does it have that 'We dont need to love todaaaayeeaay' (as used in Dream Frequency) in it? and 'get this party pumpin' off Brass Disk.

if it has its that. Otherwise I dunno lol.

Sirius.

Christian
5th May 2003, 02:41 PM
How are you mate?Got most of those Carlos tapes done for you,I'll send you my wants over.I've got Dream Beam here (what a blinder!),but its definetly not the right tune.This is a much mellower tune,a nice uplifter.Thanks alot anyway mate

johns_ar
5th May 2003, 04:57 PM
u sure it aint a remix of bowa?

theres been loads of em, the one u describe sounds like the blue amazon mix

digthemusic
5th May 2003, 06:14 PM
There was actually four mixes on the white label as opposed to the one on the dead dead good release.

digthemusic

untoe
5th May 2003, 06:19 PM
Christian i have a white label with 4-5 mixes of that different story on it , i could rip them to mp3 for ya if you want??

Mark.

Christian
5th May 2003, 07:06 PM
If you've got a w/l with 5 mixes on Mark,I'd appreciate some clips mate.I've got a w/l here with 4 mixes on and the dead dead good release and its none of them.I aint heard a Blue Amazon mix (unless its on the w/l).The track I'm after doesn't use all the Bowa lyric,just the words mentioned only.Musically,it sounds nothing like Bowa's tune.Thanks for all the help everyone

untoe
5th May 2003, 10:07 PM
Chrisian just found that white label and there is only 4 mixes on it!! the no.s rol - 001a and PA5505 are etched onto vinyl just incase its a different white label.

Mark.

Christian
7th May 2003, 12:06 PM
Yeah the numbers are the same from the white I have Mark.I was hoping it would be an easyish one this,as I aint heard to many tunes that use vocal samples from the Bowa track.Thanks all for the help though!Has anyone anymore suggestions as to what this tune may be please?Thanks alot,

untoe
7th May 2003, 09:29 PM
this might be the tune christian its dj skipp - unrealeased project - i know - main mix. CAT# tnt07

Mark

untoe
7th May 2003, 09:35 PM
Heres a clip of it

untoe
7th May 2003, 09:36 PM
Heres a clip of it.

Christian
8th May 2003, 01:10 AM
No thats not the right one Mark.It doesnt have the 'I know,your gonna want me',just the words I've wrote really.Thanks alot for sending the clip in though,appreciated mate.Hopefully it'll be recognized soon,anymore ideas people?Thanks alot all,

Christian
12th May 2003, 02:15 PM
still stuck with this one people,any ideas welcome.Thanks all

Anthem Fan
13th May 2003, 07:47 PM
I am after an ID of similar tune with the Bowa-type lyrics, over a uplifting tune (I'm fairly sure it isn't Bowa though):

'I know you gonna want me'

'You know you gonna be mine'

Beat kicks in...

It is on a wicked tape I have from the last ever night at the Pleasuredrome in Farnworth end 91'/early 92', and I think it is Welly DJ'ing with MC Bibby.

Not sure if this helps

Konspiracy
13th May 2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Anthem Fan
I am after an ID of similar tune with the Bowa-type lyrics, over a uplifting tune (I'm fairly sure it isn't Bowa though):

'You know you gonna be mine'

Beat kicks in...

This has to be ICP - Free and Equal

Christian
14th May 2003, 02:07 PM
It aint got them lyrics in mate,just the ones mentioned.I think the tune your after is I.C.P.-free and equal (Leftfield tribal mix).There's 4 mixes,2 by Leftfield,the above in my eyes being the best.It was from 92 and on Raiders Records,check gemm.com out for a copy or netsounds.com.The track has an heavy bassline too,does the one your after?
If it isnt I.C.P.,then check it out anyway,a blinding track.

Anymore ideas people?They're all welcome,I'd like to track this tune down,thanks alot

Anthem Fan
16th May 2003, 10:15 AM
Thanks folks, I'll check it out