PDA

View Full Version : Identification Possible?

SCR101.5
19th April 2003, 03:54 PM
New to this forum, so please go gentle on me.
Not been listening to any old stuff for a while, but recently found some old tapes.
After an old piano track ,which has a female vocal, along the lines of...
'Do it to me 1 more time, ie ie yeah / or right,right yeah'
Repeat phrase x4
I think we're talking about '91.

Also, after an oldie. Think its called Laser Nation, its got a vocodered voice saying the letters L-A-S-E-R. Does anybody have a Cat. No for it & any idea of where to get it on the net.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Biskit
19th April 2003, 04:00 PM
1st - Disco Brothers presents Nu-Luv - Do it

2nd - Rhythm Device - Laser Nation

Konspiracy
19th April 2003, 05:44 PM
Isnt the 2nd one Rhythm Section - Lasernation, it was released in the UK on the fro label, cant remember what the original import label was

Biskit
19th April 2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Konspiracy
Isnt the 2nd one Rhythm Section - Lasernation, it was released in the UK on the fro label, cant remember what the original import label was

Oops!! Yep, its Rhythm Section!!! lol :D

Jonno
19th April 2003, 10:02 PM
Welcome to the board there SCR101.5

Shooms
19th April 2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by SCR101.5
New to this forum, so please go gentle on me.
Not been listening to any old stuff for a while, but recently found some old tapes.
After an old piano track ,which has a female vocal, along the lines of...
'Do it to me 1 more time, ie ie yeah / or right,right yeah'
Repeat phrase x4
I think we're talking about '91.

Also, after an oldie. Think its called Laser Nation, its got a vocodered voice saying the letters L-A-S-E-R. Does anybody have a Cat. No for it & any idea of where to get it on the net.

Thanks in advance for any help.

welcome to the board mate :)

Rhythm Section - Laser nation - my local store has a copy www.groovefinder.co.uk - ask for Baz - if he is a lazy arse & cant find it then I can dig it out for ya (I know roughly where it is) :thumbsup:

butty
20th April 2003, 05:11 AM
6 minute id - nice mr biskit :)

welcome to the board sc. pop over to the chillout room and say hello. we dont bite. well shooms does but we took his dentures out as to not cause no damage. his new nickname is gummy :eyes:

SCR101.5
22nd April 2003, 08:38 PM
Hi All & thanks for the help-
Shoomster, I'll be trying to get in contact with the shop soon,
Ta!

oldskooldazed (al)
22nd April 2003, 09:52 PM
hahah

sheffiled community radio eh big big memories m8s used to dj on it after the good old fantasy fm 101.9, hardcore fm 105.1 days - might crack up a few memories ere m8s were dj's tat and inspiration, 2 in pleasure , asterix n space

good to ave ya aboard fella

alan

Ex sheffiled dronfield massive

im tryin track old fantasy fm tapes if you have any plz pm me if can sort out

:D :p :D :p :D :p :D :D

SCR101.5
23rd April 2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by OldskoolDazed (al)
hahah

sheffiled community radio eh big big memories m8s used to dj on it after the good old fantasy fm 101.9, hardcore fm 105.1 days - might crack up a few memories ere m8s were dj's tat and inspiration, 2 in pleasure , asterix n space

good to ave ya aboard fella

alan

Ex sheffiled dronfield massive

im tryin track old fantasy fm tapes if you have any plz pm me if can sort out

:D :p :D :p :D :p :D :D

I'll have a look for you for old tapes. Asterix & Space, well Sea (C) & Space (before Asterix came along, unless he was called Sea & just changed his name) were what kicked off the whole thing for me. When Chris last played near here, I went along & spoke to him about the old radio shows.
I've got a great big cabinet full of old tapes (of all styles)- most aren't labelled & I can't at the moment get to the thing, but I will give it a go very soon.