oldskooldazed (al)
6th April 2003, 09:39 PM
Can anyone plz id this piano tune - sounds italian

thanks in advance

alan

:D :D :D :D :D :D

R J
6th April 2003, 09:41 PM
No idea what that is m8 but i'm sure somone will have it ripped, in the studio and waxed within the week ... lol ..

Biskit
6th April 2003, 09:51 PM
I think this came out on 'Italian Style' around 1991!!

Jules031272
6th April 2003, 10:13 PM
sounds like one of Chas and Dave's....

sirius
6th April 2003, 10:14 PM
I think its by B.Cassidido and the SDK Crew. PokerRoom records.....not sure though.

Sirius.

Biskit
6th April 2003, 10:20 PM
LMFAO are you guys being serious or wot!! lol :D :axe:

Myk
6th April 2003, 10:25 PM
LOL its defo eons older than oldskool...Id be guessing somewhere around the 1920's - 30's myself.

Jonno
6th April 2003, 10:48 PM
Al - have King Coe and yourself been told that Sasha used to play it? As such you've now gotta get a copy of it by any means possible.

I personally think it's early Flip & Fill before they sold out.

lastnightadj
7th April 2003, 06:07 AM
This is the remix - Its not as good as the original - but better than the 1933 re-release (diff pic cover) - which had a shite pressing and no accapella - actually you want the doublepack promo - this has alll the mixes - but no picture cover - but contains the pianopella

I remember when DJ Ragtime dropped this at the Honky Tonk NYE 1932 - the place went berserk

has anyone got a rip of the original 78rpm gramophone recording? - I lent mine to Ray Reardon and then it got nicked from his car :(

;) :p :D ;)

Konspiracy
7th April 2003, 08:59 AM
TUNE

Big favourite with DJ Stan Laurel

sirius
7th April 2003, 08:41 PM
Have you played that at +8 on your '78 speed decks? Sounds chipmonked to me lol.

I still think its that infamous Italian tune rustling safeguard Butcho Cassidido and the Sundancia Kidd Crew.....

DJ Ragtime most certainly did drop this in at the Honky Tonk NYE 1932......and as reported, rose the fekking roof off that Saloon Club. The white gloves and Vicks crew were waving thier pistola's like lunatics!........quite a few were injured.

Heres Dj Ragtime just after playing it LIVE in the Sallon Club, where it all kicked off:

http://www.historicpalace.com/images/Honky-Tonk-Man.jpg

See ya

Sirius.

Mike
7th April 2003, 10:55 PM
I've been caning this one on pirate revival - no word of a lie !!!!!

Mike
7th April 2003, 11:22 PM
Check this out though, i've managed to get hold of a low quality mp3 of an exclusive bootleg remix, not many copies of this around apparently. Dunno who the remixers are behind this but I reckon they could give pianoman and co a run for their money :p :p :p :p :p :p

Danny
8th April 2003, 12:32 AM
hmmmmmm........

i'm sure the 'pianoman' pa started with this at GTs on saturday, could be wrong thou

lastnightadj
8th April 2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Mike
Check this out though, i've managed to get hold of a low quality mp3 of an exclusive bootleg remix, not many copies of this around apparently. Dunno who the remixers are behind this but I reckon they could give pianoman and co a run for their money :p :p :p :p :p :p

I'm rushing my Tits off - thats the Scott Joplin remix - he did that before he landed the Theme tune to The Sting - if you've seen the film they play it (very briefly) when Robert Redford is spinnin tunes and Paul Newman is sorting everyone out from behind the decks - then they get on a bike and start singing raindrops keep falling on my head

You'll never get one of those though - it was on Ebay ages ago and there was a massive bidding war between Harold Lloyd and ALL of the Keystone Kops - went for 2000 Gueineas (probably)

grad
8th April 2003, 08:49 AM
lol, nice on al.

bet it's been going down well on't radio..

sounds like on of those piano's that play themselves...you see em in shopping centres and stuff & tacky restuarants..

Aydo
8th April 2003, 02:02 PM

lol nice remix mike im sure it'll go down a storm

DJFANTAZIA
1st May 2003, 01:03 AM
Butty m8, didnt you drop this @ Maximes on Saturday? ;)

:axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe:

Mister_DJ
1st May 2003, 06:09 PM
I've just picked myself up off the floor... This has got to be the funniest thing I've seen in an age....

I shall return to this post time and time again when I need cheering up.... superb!

mart
:eyes:

GRIMMY
1st May 2003, 06:58 PM
Mike your remix had me in stiches!!!!
This is definately one for the Classic Posts section!
Nice one to alan for starting the thread. I was just getting bored as well.
I'm tempted to do a quick remix now.

pianoman
27th July 2003, 02:32 PM
wonder who did this

;)

Devious
27th July 2003, 02:59 PM
Mike I fell off my chair when i heard that remix !

More please ! :roll:

DJFANTAZIA
18th August 2003, 04:39 PM

Maximum respec' in a area Mike, that is the funniest thing ive heard in ages!!

;)

ZENZEN
18th August 2003, 04:50 PM
LOL its defo eons older than oldskool...Id be guessing somewhere around the 1920's - 30's myself

You said it mate!! Sounds even older 1880-90's, I can just picture DJ Billy the Kid spinning this out in the deserts in the Saloon Club, just as the tumble weed blows up and down the street!!! LOL :p

Funny as feck thread!!! ;)

Myk
18th August 2003, 07:55 PM
LMFAO that remix is the dogs bollox, nice one fellas :thumbsup:

Shooms
30th January 2004, 06:18 PM
LMFAO :rofl: Cheers to Ben for the linkage :D

Everyone who's new on the board needs to listen to the remix to say they are true oldskool :D